We end the rush hour with a number of crashes on the system. Here is where you will find traffic problems:
- Westbound 694 at Edgerton Street. There is another one at Victoria Street.
- Southbound Hwy. 169 at 85th Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- Northbound 35W at 46th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound 94 at 57th Avenue
- Westbound Crosstown at Hwy. 100 and Tracy Avenue
- Eastbound 94 at Cretin Avenue. There is a second one at Huron Blvd.
- Westbound 494 at France Avenue in Bloomington
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
The opportunities for major backups on Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis were present Monday morning, but traffic continued to flow smoothly during the first morning commute with the Lowry Hill Tunnel reduced to two lanes in each direction.
Motorists can expect major traffic tie-ups across the metro as the Minnesota Department of Transportation starts reconfiguring Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis just as tens of thousands of people will stream into the city for large events that include the Twin Cities Pride Festival in Loring Park and the Back to the 50s street rod extravaganza at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Rain has pushed back the start of today's Twins-White Sox game at Target Field but that won't stop Metro Transit from shutting down light-rail service at 6:45 p.m. Thursday as scheduled.
Commuters traveling along the I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St. Paul Monday morning saw a heavy police presence, particularly in the Midway area.
The biggest traffic jams this weekend are likely to be on I-35 north of the Twin Cities as thousands make the trip to and from Duluth for Saturday's Grandma's Marathon.