We end the rush hour with a number of crashes on the system. Here is where you will find traffic problems:
- Westbound 694 at Edgerton Street. There is another one at Victoria Street.
- Southbound Hwy. 169 at 85th Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- Northbound 35W at 46th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound 94 at 57th Avenue
- Westbound Crosstown at Hwy. 100 and Tracy Avenue
- Eastbound 94 at Cretin Avenue. There is a second one at Huron Blvd.
- Westbound 494 at France Avenue in Bloomington
More from The Drive
Public safety officials are pleading with motorcyclists and motorists alike to exercise caution and make safety a priority after the state recorded its 47th motorcyclist death of the year, one more than in all of 2014.
Riders have asked for Route 694S service from the southwest suburbs to Normandale Community College to be reinstated and SouthWest Transit says it's bringing the service back.
Early afternoon is when parking spaces start to turnover as folks who arrived early head out and crowds expected for the sold out Grandstand show featuring Def Leppard and STYX won't start showing up for a few hours. Expect things to remain busy, however.
With 1.8 million people expected to pass through the turnstiles over the next 12 days (Thursday through Labor Day), fair goers should do a little planning before leaving home, says spokeswoman Brianna Schutte. Here are a few tips for those arriving by car, bus, bicycle, motorcycle or on foot.
For drivers who park in downtown Minneapolis and need to feed the meter, there's now a smartphone app for that.