We end the rush hour with a number of crashes on the system. Here is where you will find traffic problems:
- Westbound 694 at Edgerton Street. There is another one at Victoria Street.
- Southbound Hwy. 169 at 85th Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- Northbound 35W at 46th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound 94 at 57th Avenue
- Westbound Crosstown at Hwy. 100 and Tracy Avenue
- Eastbound 94 at Cretin Avenue. There is a second one at Huron Blvd.
- Westbound 494 at France Avenue in Bloomington
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
For one week only, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will operate a temporary enrollment center for passengers to enroll in the PreCheck program.
Ever since the Minnesota Department of Transportation finished resurfacing Interstate 394 west of Hwy. 100, a number of Drive readers have commented on the lack of lines on the freeway and that those that have been put down are extremely hard to see.
Over the past five years, police have made an average of 2,509 DWI arrests in August, the highest of any month during the year, according to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
In a survey of 114,000 travelers, MSP ranked third in the category of top large airports, third for shopping and second for dining options.
The weekend calendar is chock full with large events that have the potential to spawn big time traffic jams, especially in downtown Minneapolis where Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump pays a rare visit to the state Friday.