Guaranteed that many employees were late for work today as icy roads and a spate of crashes clogged traffic on most major routes in the west and south metro.
East metro drivers fared much better but a mid-rush hour crash on westbound 94 at County Road 13 created gridlock conditions from Manning Avenue. That crash happened just after 8:10 a.m. and continues to bring delays.
By far, Hwy. 100 and Hwy. 169 were the worst drives of the morning. Both directions between I-94 and the Crosstown were littered with spin outs and accidents, creating major delays for drivers. It was not uncommon for trips through Edina, Golden Valley and St. Louis Park to take more than an hour.
I-494 suffered with its share of wrecks, both north and south through Plymouth, Minnetonka and Eden Prairie.
Here are the current list of active crashes and incidents:
- Southbound 35W at County 23 in Lino Lakes
- Southbound Hwy. 47 at 160th Avenue
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at Eden Avenue and 70th Street.
- Westbound 94 at County 13 in Woodbury.
- Southbound Hwy. 280 at Energy Park Drive
- Eastbound 94 at Shingle Creek Pkwy. in Brooklyn Center
- Both directions of Hwy. 169 at Lincoln Drive in Edina