We end Thursday's morning rush with a couple of incidents impacting traffic.
- A crash on the right shoulder of westbound 494 at Portland Avenue has traffic slow in the immediate area. We also have stall on the left shoulder at Cedar Avenue.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue remains closed at 42nd Street due to a crash. Metro Transit bus route 14 is on detour. See earlier post for details.
- I-694 both directions through the work zone from Hwy. 100 to Central Avenue.
- Northbound 35W from 46th Street to downtown Minneapolis. That is still 15 minutes.
- Eastbound Hwy. 55 approaching South Shore Drive due to malfunctioning traffic lights.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.