We end Thursday's morning rush with a couple of incidents impacting traffic.
- A crash on the right shoulder of westbound 494 at Portland Avenue has traffic slow in the immediate area. We also have stall on the left shoulder at Cedar Avenue.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue remains closed at 42nd Street due to a crash. Metro Transit bus route 14 is on detour. See earlier post for details.
- I-694 both directions through the work zone from Hwy. 100 to Central Avenue.
- Northbound 35W from 46th Street to downtown Minneapolis. That is still 15 minutes.
- Eastbound Hwy. 55 approaching South Shore Drive due to malfunctioning traffic lights.
More from The Drive
A new law that goes into effect Saturday will raise the fine for drivers who are caught texting for second time and subsequent offenses to $275 plus court fees.
A major pavement failure developed during the Wednesday morning rush hour at Hwy. 241 in St. Michael. The interstate reopened around 4:30 p.m.
Signs above the HOT lanes marked with a diamond displayed the word “open,” the term MnDOT uses to let drivers know the lanes are open to all drivers and can legally be used for free.
New bottlenecks developed on 7th Street in downtown Minneapolis Monday as work on sewer line began at the intersection of Nicollet Mall.
More people in the southern suburbs are riding the bus. The Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) on Friday released numbers that show ridership is up 6 percent for the first six months of 2015 when compared with the same period last year.