We end Thursday's morning rush with a couple of incidents impacting traffic.
- A crash on the right shoulder of westbound 494 at Portland Avenue has traffic slow in the immediate area. We also have stall on the left shoulder at Cedar Avenue.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue remains closed at 42nd Street due to a crash. Metro Transit bus route 14 is on detour. See earlier post for details.
- I-694 both directions through the work zone from Hwy. 100 to Central Avenue.
- Northbound 35W from 46th Street to downtown Minneapolis. That is still 15 minutes.
- Eastbound Hwy. 55 approaching South Shore Drive due to malfunctioning traffic lights.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
If AAA's predictions are correct, the roads leading out of the metro might be more crowded than those in town as throngs head to the lakes, cabins and places to enjoy the season's first long holiday weekend. Major road construction project could also hamper in-town travel
Northbound Blue Line riders can expect trips to take a bit longer on several nights this spring and summer.
Ramsey County crews began removing striping along Maryland Avenue between Greenbrier Street and Johnson Parkway in St. Paul, marking the start of a test of a new configuration that will reduce the road from two lanes in each direction to one with a center turn lane.
A two-week seat belt enforcement campaign begins on Monday.
On average, more than 11,000 commuters ride their bikes to work each day, city officials say, and they are hoping for more during Friday's annual Bike to Work Day.