We end Thursday's morning rush with a couple of incidents impacting traffic.
- A crash on the right shoulder of westbound 494 at Portland Avenue has traffic slow in the immediate area. We also have stall on the left shoulder at Cedar Avenue.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue remains closed at 42nd Street due to a crash. Metro Transit bus route 14 is on detour. See earlier post for details.
- I-694 both directions through the work zone from Hwy. 100 to Central Avenue.
- Northbound 35W from 46th Street to downtown Minneapolis. That is still 15 minutes.
- Eastbound Hwy. 55 approaching South Shore Drive due to malfunctioning traffic lights.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Once construction on the Downtown Commons is complete, the intersection will go back to its previous configuration in which turns across the light-rail tracks were prohibited.
After getting a look at the Vikings' new stadium last week, fans will get their first look at the team as training camp kicks off in Mankato. But getting there won't be easy. Highway 169 is closed between St. Peter and Mankato, so drivers will have to use Nicollet County Road 13, Hwy. 99 or Hwy 22 as an alternate routes.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has plans to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists who use Snelling Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area. And they will be shared during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Nice Ride Minnesota has a new app. It also wants to raise the number of single rides taken on the bike sharing network.
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.