The late-morning rush is problematic for many drivers who are caught in big backups related to congestion and a rash of accidents.
Among the trouble spots:
- Southbound I 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes due to congestion
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 169 to I-94, 15 minutes due to crash just east of Hwy. 100 on right shoulder
- Westbound 494 has the left lane partially blocked at Hardman Avenue in Newport
- Northbound Hwy. 61 approaching 494 due to crash at High Street
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 15 minutes due to crash at W. Bush Lake Road.
- Westbound 494 at Lyndale, hazard on the road
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Members of the Highway 12 Safety Coalition has organized a press conference at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Maple Plain Family Center in Maple Plain to renew their push for funding. Representative Jerry Hertaus (R) called the press conference.
From Monday through June 5, more than 300 law enforcement agencies from across the state will be looking for motorists who are not wearing their seat belts as part of Click It or Ticket campaign. The goal of the campaign is to increase seat belt usage and prevent serious injuries and deaths.
Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist Beyonce will draw a crowd of more than 40,000 to the University of Minnesota Monday, and that will put extra pressure on the traffic grid just as the afternoon commute gets underway.
This will a be Chamber of Commerce like weekend from a weather standpoint, but the forecast isn't so sunny for motorists. The biggest inconvenience will be a shut down of Hwy. 100 through Golden Valley, St. Louis Park and Edina.
Commuters on westbound I-94 have lost a critical entry point into downtown Minneapolis Wednesday when the ramp to 5th Street closed. It will remain closed until June 1, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.