The late-morning rush is problematic for many drivers who are caught in big backups related to congestion and a rash of accidents.
Among the trouble spots:
- Southbound I 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes due to congestion
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 169 to I-94, 15 minutes due to crash just east of Hwy. 100 on right shoulder
- Westbound 494 has the left lane partially blocked at Hardman Avenue in Newport
- Northbound Hwy. 61 approaching 494 due to crash at High Street
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 15 minutes due to crash at W. Bush Lake Road.
- Westbound 494 at Lyndale, hazard on the road
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
Commuters traveling along the I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St. Paul Monday morning saw a heavy police presence, particularly in the Midway area.
The biggest traffic jams this weekend are likely to be on I-35 north of the Twin Cities as thousands make the trip to and from Duluth for Saturday's Grandma's Marathon.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is taking a step to draw travelers' attention to the growing problem of human trafficking and get them to report suspicious activity.
Metro Transit picked up a Gold Award for Safety from the American Public Transportation Association for its efforts to improve pedestrian safety along light rail lines.
The eastbound lanes between I-494 and I-35E shut down on Monday morning and will remain closed for six weeks. Then the westbound lanes will close.