The late-morning rush is problematic for many drivers who are caught in big backups related to congestion and a rash of accidents.
Among the trouble spots:
- Southbound I 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes due to congestion
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 169 to I-94, 15 minutes due to crash just east of Hwy. 100 on right shoulder
- Westbound 494 has the left lane partially blocked at Hardman Avenue in Newport
- Northbound Hwy. 61 approaching 494 due to crash at High Street
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 15 minutes due to crash at W. Bush Lake Road.
- Westbound 494 at Lyndale, hazard on the road
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
In what has become a seasonal favorite, Canadian Pacific Railroad's Holiday Train has pulled into town, and this year with an expanded schedule.
When the new segment of Hwy. 610 officially opens later today, motorists will finally be able to drive from Hwy. 10/47 in Coon Rapids all the way to Interstate 94 in Maple Grove.
Traffic is flowing freely again on westbound I-694 in Vadnais Heights, but that was not the case earlier.
Two big players in the field of transportation advocacy, outreach, and programming will join forces. Transit for Livable Communities and St. Paul Smart Trips will become one organization starting Jan. 1, officials from both nonprofits announced Wednesday.
The intersection where two Mounds View High School students were killed in a car crash last week will be closed for about 30 minutes Monday afternoon to provide a safe place for people who wish to leave memorials.