The late-morning rush is problematic for many drivers who are caught in big backups related to congestion and a rash of accidents.
Among the trouble spots:
- Southbound I 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes due to congestion
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 169 to I-94, 15 minutes due to crash just east of Hwy. 100 on right shoulder
- Westbound 494 has the left lane partially blocked at Hardman Avenue in Newport
- Northbound Hwy. 61 approaching 494 due to crash at High Street
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 15 minutes due to crash at W. Bush Lake Road.
- Westbound 494 at Lyndale, hazard on the road
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Once construction on the Downtown Commons is complete, the intersection will go back to its previous configuration in which turns across the light-rail tracks were prohibited.
After getting a look at the Vikings' new stadium last week, fans will get their first look at the team as training camp kicks off in Mankato. But getting there won't be easy. Highway 169 is closed between St. Peter and Mankato, so drivers will have to use Nicollet County Road 13, Hwy. 99 or Hwy 22 as an alternate routes.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has plans to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists who use Snelling Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area. And they will be shared during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Nice Ride Minnesota has a new app. It also wants to raise the number of single rides taken on the bike sharing network.
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.