The late-morning rush is problematic for many drivers who are caught in big backups related to congestion and a rash of accidents.
Among the trouble spots:
- Southbound I 94 from Lowry Avenue to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes due to congestion
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 169 to I-94, 15 minutes due to crash just east of Hwy. 100 on right shoulder
- Westbound 494 has the left lane partially blocked at Hardman Avenue in Newport
- Northbound Hwy. 61 approaching 494 due to crash at High Street
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 15 minutes due to crash at W. Bush Lake Road.
- Westbound 494 at Lyndale, hazard on the road
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Within the next few weeks, Hennepin County will begin rebuilding a long segment of 66th Street in Richfield, and it's likely to bring traffic hassles for at least two construction seasons.
Officials at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport are telling spring break travelers to arrive two hours early and for good reason. The airport is seeing near record passenger volume this month, with Friday St. Patrick's Day expected to be the busiest day of the season.
Among the options on the table include raising all fares 25 cents. Another option would raise fares for local rides by 25 cents and express fares by 50 cents.
Green Line riders can expect delays late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning as Metro Transit conducts maintenance on the line.
Thousands of motorists who use Foley Boulevard in Coon Rapids will be on detour starting Tuesday, the Anoka County Transportation Department said.