Here is the latest list of trouble spots in terms of crashes and spinouts. That is in addition to the icy and snow-covered roads that have slowed traffic.
- Bus stuck in right lane on eastbound Crosstown at Tracy Avenue
- Left lane blocked on westbound 94 at Huron Blvd.
- Ramp closed, westbound 94 to southbound Hwy. 169
- Northbound Hwy. 100, right lane blocked with crash at Minnetonka Blvd.
- Westbound 494, crash blocking a lane at Penn Avenue
- Eastbound 94, lane blocked at Huron Bvld.
- Westbound 494, rollover at Hwy. 5
- Westbound 94 at I-35E in downtown St. Paul. Two lanes blocked. Traffic jammed on northbound Hwy. 52 on Lafayette Bridge
- Westbound 394 at Dunwoody Blvd. Traffic at gridlock in the area
From Around the Web
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
SouthWest Transit's new dial-a-ride service is up an running and this week residents of Eden Prairie can try it out for free.
Commuting patterns for thousands of Metro Transit riders will change Monday morning when a massive project to remake Nicollet Mall gets underway.
The three-day Independence Day holiday weekend looks to be warm and dry, just about perfect for watching the scores of Twin Cities area fireworks displays that will draw crowds to shows both large and small Friday and Saturday nights.
With many people taking Friday off and turning Independence Day into a long holiday weekend, Metro Transit and suburban transit providers are expecting fewer riders and are adjusting service to reflect decreased demand. That could catch some commuters off guard as the official holiday is not until Saturday.
Metro Transit will run fewer Northstar trains on Friday, and none on Saturday.