Here is the latest list of trouble spots in terms of crashes and spinouts. That is in addition to the icy and snow-covered roads that have slowed traffic.
- Bus stuck in right lane on eastbound Crosstown at Tracy Avenue
- Left lane blocked on westbound 94 at Huron Blvd.
- Ramp closed, westbound 94 to southbound Hwy. 169
- Northbound Hwy. 100, right lane blocked with crash at Minnetonka Blvd.
- Westbound 494, crash blocking a lane at Penn Avenue
- Eastbound 94, lane blocked at Huron Bvld.
- Westbound 494, rollover at Hwy. 5
- Westbound 94 at I-35E in downtown St. Paul. Two lanes blocked. Traffic jammed on northbound Hwy. 52 on Lafayette Bridge
- Westbound 394 at Dunwoody Blvd. Traffic at gridlock in the area
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Once construction on the Downtown Commons is complete, the intersection will go back to its previous configuration in which turns across the light-rail tracks were prohibited.
After getting a look at the Vikings' new stadium last week, fans will get their first look at the team as training camp kicks off in Mankato. But getting there won't be easy. Highway 169 is closed between St. Peter and Mankato, so drivers will have to use Nicollet County Road 13, Hwy. 99 or Hwy 22 as an alternate routes.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has plans to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists who use Snelling Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area. And they will be shared during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Nice Ride Minnesota has a new app. It also wants to raise the number of single rides taken on the bike sharing network.
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.