We are crash free at this hour, but several areas are seeing sluggish traffic due to congestion. Expect to hit the brakes in the following locations:
- Southbound Hwy. 100 from Glenwood Avenue to 494
- Westbound Crosstown from Hiawatha Avenue to France Avenue
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange down to Hwy. 7
- Northbound 35W from County Road 42 to Black Dog Road
- Westbound 494 from 24th Avenue to Hwy. 100
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to Hwy. 280
- Northbound 35E from 494 to W. 7th Street.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
The Metropolitan Council on Wednesday awarded a $118 million contract to Siemens to design 27 light-rail cars for the Southwest Light Rail Project.
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.