The Drive will cut right to the chase. Here are the problem spots:
- Left lane blocked on eastbound Crosstown at Tracy Avenue
- Ramp closed westbound 94 to southbound 169
- Two lanes blocked on westbound 394 just before Dunwoody. Traffic parked into downtown
- Westbound 94 at 35E, left lane blocked with spinout
- Westbound 94 crammed Huron to Cedar. Semi stuck in right lane
- Westbound 494 at Hwy. 5. Rollvoer crash in right lane
- Semi blocking two lanes on westbound 94 at Maple Grove Pkwy.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Motorists can expect major traffic tie-ups across the metro as the Minnesota Department of Transportation starts reconfiguring Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis just as tens of thousands of people will stream into the city for large events that include the Twin Cities Pride Festival in Loring Park and the Back to the 50s street rod extravaganza at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Rain has pushed back the start of today's Twins-White Sox game at Target Field but that won't stop Metro Transit from shutting down light-rail service at 6:45 p.m. Thursday as scheduled.
Commuters traveling along the I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St. Paul Monday morning saw a heavy police presence, particularly in the Midway area.
The biggest traffic jams this weekend are likely to be on I-35 north of the Twin Cities as thousands make the trip to and from Duluth for Saturday's Grandma's Marathon.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is taking a step to draw travelers' attention to the growing problem of human trafficking and get them to report suspicious activity.