The peak of the rush hour has brought crashes and congestion that is slowing traffic on most major routes.
The highlights, or maybe the lowlights:
- Westbound 94 from downtown St. Paul to downtown Minneapolis, 25 minutes due to crash at 5th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound Hwy. 100 from 394 to Crosstown, 20 minutes
- Northbound 35E from Cedar Avenue to downtown St. Paul, 28 minutes
- Southbound 35W from Lake Drive to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes. Look for a crash at County Road J
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis, 18 minutes
- Eastbound 694 from Hwy. 169 to 35W, 22 minutes
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 94 to Hwy. 55, 18 minutes
- Northbound Cedar Avenue from McAndrews Road to Crosstown, 19 minutes
From Around the Web
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
SouthWest Transit's new dial-a-ride service is up an running and this week residents of Eden Prairie can try it out for free.
Commuting patterns for thousands of Metro Transit riders will change Monday morning when a massive project to remake Nicollet Mall gets underway.
The three-day Independence Day holiday weekend looks to be warm and dry, just about perfect for watching the scores of Twin Cities area fireworks displays that will draw crowds to shows both large and small Friday and Saturday nights.
With many people taking Friday off and turning Independence Day into a long holiday weekend, Metro Transit and suburban transit providers are expecting fewer riders and are adjusting service to reflect decreased demand. That could catch some commuters off guard as the official holiday is not until Saturday.
Metro Transit will run fewer Northstar trains on Friday, and none on Saturday.