The peak of the rush hour has brought crashes and congestion that is slowing traffic on most major routes.
The highlights, or maybe the lowlights:
- Westbound 94 from downtown St. Paul to downtown Minneapolis, 25 minutes due to crash at 5th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound Hwy. 100 from 394 to Crosstown, 20 minutes
- Northbound 35E from Cedar Avenue to downtown St. Paul, 28 minutes
- Southbound 35W from Lake Drive to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes. Look for a crash at County Road J
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis, 18 minutes
- Eastbound 694 from Hwy. 169 to 35W, 22 minutes
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 94 to Hwy. 55, 18 minutes
- Northbound Cedar Avenue from McAndrews Road to Crosstown, 19 minutes
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season swings into full gear starting Wednesday afternoon as scores will hit the roads for the Thanksgiving weekend. AAA says more than 42 million motorists will take to the highways and byways over the five-day weekend.
The words brought the room to a hush: "I am responsible for Courtney not having a mom," Craig Barnd said as the cameras rolled.
Called BeMyDD - as in be my designated driver - the service allows customers to hire a personal chauffeur to drive them around town in the comfort of their own car.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will reduce southbound I-35E through Maplewood and St. Paul to a single lane during the midday hours Tuesday and the agency is warning motorists to expect significant delays.
The highway was closed for more than three hours as officials investigated the two-vehicle crash that left a Bloomington woman dead.