The peak of the rush hour has brought crashes and congestion that is slowing traffic on most major routes.
The highlights, or maybe the lowlights:
- Westbound 94 from downtown St. Paul to downtown Minneapolis, 25 minutes due to crash at 5th Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound Hwy. 100 from 394 to Crosstown, 20 minutes
- Northbound 35E from Cedar Avenue to downtown St. Paul, 28 minutes
- Southbound 35W from Lake Drive to Hwy. 280, 20 minutes. Look for a crash at County Road J
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis, 18 minutes
- Eastbound 694 from Hwy. 169 to 35W, 22 minutes
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from 94 to Hwy. 55, 18 minutes
- Northbound Cedar Avenue from McAndrews Road to Crosstown, 19 minutes
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.