After a flurry of crashes during the 7 o'clock hour, we begin the final hour of the rush with the residual effects of earlier crashes and the typical congestion.
Here is where you will encounter slow downs:
- Westbound 494 from Pilot Knob Road past a crash on the Minnesota River bridge
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange to Hwy. 55
- Westbound 94 from Mounds Blvd. past a crash at Hwy. 280
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35E from Little Canada Road to downtown St. Paul. Look for a crash at Roselawn Avenue on the right.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 from 50th Street to 394
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 100 to Dunwoody Blvd.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.
As it's hot, hot, hot, motorists may find the biggest traffic snarls this weekend on roads leading to lakes, pools and all places cool.
A $5 refillable Go-To card to cover the round-trip fare plus free food and Dilly Bars was a deal most employees could not pass up. But the hope is that many will become regular bus riders to ease a parking crunch at 10 River Park Plaza and at Gillette's main campus attached to Regions Hospital.
Traffic jams are likely in downtown Minneapolis Wednesday night as the Aquatennial's Torchlight parade and related events take over Hennepin Avenue. That will put extra traffic on surrounding streets and Metro Transit buses on detour.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation on Wednesday will get to work on $3 million safety improvements on a deadly stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro.