After a flurry of crashes during the 7 o'clock hour, we begin the final hour of the rush with the residual effects of earlier crashes and the typical congestion.
Here is where you will encounter slow downs:
- Westbound 494 from Pilot Knob Road past a crash on the Minnesota River bridge
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange to Hwy. 55
- Westbound 94 from Mounds Blvd. past a crash at Hwy. 280
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35E from Little Canada Road to downtown St. Paul. Look for a crash at Roselawn Avenue on the right.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 from 50th Street to 394
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 100 to Dunwoody Blvd.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Drivers who use the Nine Mile Creek Bridge on Hwy. 169 between Bren Road and 5th Street/Lincoln Drive on the Minnetonka-Edina border will have more time to find alternate routes.
Too cold. That's the reason the Minnesota Department of Transportation has called off a bridge demolition project that would have shut down a portion of I-94 through Maple Grove.
It's still two years out on the construction schedule, but the City of Minneapolis has preliminary plans for a big re-do of 8th Street in the downtown. On Thursday,officials will share them with the public during two open houses at the IDS Crystal Court.
Motorists who plan on using Interstate 94 in Maple Grove over the long holiday weekend will encounter a detour as the Minnesota Department of Transportation takes down 101st Avenue bridge.
Gov. Mark Dayton has signed a proclamation designating Monday as "Law Enforcement Appreciation Day." To mark the occasion, the I-35W bridge over the Mississippi River in the downtown Minneapolis will be lit in blue Monday night.