After a flurry of crashes during the 7 o'clock hour, we begin the final hour of the rush with the residual effects of earlier crashes and the typical congestion.
Here is where you will encounter slow downs:
- Westbound 494 from Pilot Knob Road past a crash on the Minnesota River bridge
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange to Hwy. 55
- Westbound 94 from Mounds Blvd. past a crash at Hwy. 280
- Northbound 35W from Crosstown to downtown Minneapolis.
- Southbound 35E from Little Canada Road to downtown St. Paul. Look for a crash at Roselawn Avenue on the right.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 from 50th Street to 394
- Eastbound 394 from Hwy. 100 to Dunwoody Blvd.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
If AAA's predictions are correct, the roads leading out of the metro might be more crowded than those in town as throngs head to the lakes, cabins and places to enjoy the season's first long holiday weekend. Major road construction project could also hamper in-town travel
Northbound Blue Line riders can expect trips to take a bit longer on several nights this spring and summer.
Ramsey County crews began removing striping along Maryland Avenue between Greenbrier Street and Johnson Parkway in St. Paul, marking the start of a test of a new configuration that will reduce the road from two lanes in each direction to one with a center turn lane.
A two-week seat belt enforcement campaign begins on Monday.
On average, more than 11,000 commuters ride their bikes to work each day, city officials say, and they are hoping for more during Friday's annual Bike to Work Day.