The roads have become dangerous in the past 10 minutes with a number of crashes. Here is where you'll find them:
- Westbound 94 has two lanes blocked at Snelling Avenue with fire trucks on the scene of a crash. Traffic starts to jam up at John Ireland Blvd.
- Eastbound 94 at Prior Avenue. Things tangle at Hwy. 280.
- Westbound Hwy. 36. The left lane is blocked with a couple vehicles and debris at Dale Street
- Southbound Hwy. 100 on the right shoulder at 77th Street in Edina.
- It's clogged on westbound 494 in Bloomington due to a crash in the left lane at Lyndale Avenue. You'll feel the effects at 12th Avenue.
- On the ramp from Hennepin Avenue to eastbound 94.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has plans to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists who use Snelling Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area. And they will be shared during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Nice Ride Minnesota has a new app. It also wants to raise the number of single rides taken on the bike sharing network.
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.
As it's hot, hot, hot, motorists may find the biggest traffic snarls this weekend on roads leading to lakes, pools and all places cool.
A $5 refillable Go-To card to cover the round-trip fare plus free food and Dilly Bars was a deal most employees could not pass up. But the hope is that many will become regular bus riders to ease a parking crunch at 10 River Park Plaza and at Gillette's main campus attached to Regions Hospital.