The roads have become dangerous in the past 10 minutes with a number of crashes. Here is where you'll find them:
- Westbound 94 has two lanes blocked at Snelling Avenue with fire trucks on the scene of a crash. Traffic starts to jam up at John Ireland Blvd.
- Eastbound 94 at Prior Avenue. Things tangle at Hwy. 280.
- Westbound Hwy. 36. The left lane is blocked with a couple vehicles and debris at Dale Street
- Southbound Hwy. 100 on the right shoulder at 77th Street in Edina.
- It's clogged on westbound 494 in Bloomington due to a crash in the left lane at Lyndale Avenue. You'll feel the effects at 12th Avenue.
- On the ramp from Hennepin Avenue to eastbound 94.
More from The Drive
Public safety officials are pleading with motorcyclists and motorists alike to exercise caution and make safety a priority after the state recorded its 47th motorcyclist death of the year, one more than in all of 2014.
Riders have asked for Route 694S service from the southwest suburbs to Normandale Community College to be reinstated and SouthWest Transit says it's bringing the service back.
Early afternoon is when parking spaces start to turnover as folks who arrived early head out and crowds expected for the sold out Grandstand show featuring Def Leppard and STYX won't start showing up for a few hours. Expect things to remain busy, however.
With 1.8 million people expected to pass through the turnstiles over the next 12 days (Thursday through Labor Day), fair goers should do a little planning before leaving home, says spokeswoman Brianna Schutte. Here are a few tips for those arriving by car, bus, bicycle, motorcycle or on foot.
For drivers who park in downtown Minneapolis and need to feed the meter, there's now a smartphone app for that.