Here is where you can expect delays due to crashes and spinouts.
- Southbound 35W at Johnson Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 57th Avenue. Stall in left lane. Ahead, things creep along to 394: 26 minutes
- Southbound 35W at County Road C. Slow from Hwy. 88. 15 minutes to downtown Minneapolis.
- Westbound 94 at Park Avenue in Minneapolis.
- Debris is blocking the lanes on southbound Hwy. 52 at I-94 in downtown St. Paul.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
For one week only, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will operate a temporary enrollment center for passengers to enroll in the PreCheck program.
Ever since the Minnesota Department of Transportation finished resurfacing Interstate 394 west of Hwy. 100, a number of Drive readers have commented on the lack of lines on the freeway and that those that have been put down are extremely hard to see.
Over the past five years, police have made an average of 2,509 DWI arrests in August, the highest of any month during the year, according to the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
In a survey of 114,000 travelers, MSP ranked third in the category of top large airports, third for shopping and second for dining options.
The weekend calendar is chock full with large events that have the potential to spawn big time traffic jams, especially in downtown Minneapolis where Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump pays a rare visit to the state Friday.