Here is where you can expect delays due to crashes and spinouts.
- Southbound 35W at Johnson Street in Minneapolis
- Southbound Hwy. 100 at 57th Avenue. Stall in left lane. Ahead, things creep along to 394: 26 minutes
- Southbound 35W at County Road C. Slow from Hwy. 88. 15 minutes to downtown Minneapolis.
- Westbound 94 at Park Avenue in Minneapolis.
- Debris is blocking the lanes on southbound Hwy. 52 at I-94 in downtown St. Paul.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.
Temporary "No Parking" signs have started to appear on city streets in Minneapolis and St. Paul as both municipalities this week send out sweepers to pick up gravel, leaves and debris as well as sand and dirt.