It's not hard to find crashes and traffic jams this morning. Here is a sampling of where you can expect bumper to bumper traffic:
- Eastbound Hwy. 212 from Dell Road to 494 in Eden Prairie
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange down to County Road 6
- Northbound 35 and 35W from County 50 in Lakeville to Black Dog Road in Burnsville
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from I-94 to 36th Avenue in New Hope and Brooklyn Park
- Southbound 35E from Hwy. 36 to downtown St. Paul.
- On the ramp from southbound 35E to westbound 94 in St. Paul
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at the Crosstown in Edina. There is another one ahead at Benton.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 62
- Rollover on Hwy. 65 at 133rd Avenue NE. in Ham Lake
- Northbound 35E at County 96
- Eastbound Hwy. 5 at Powers Blvd.
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
Motorists can expect major traffic tie-ups across the metro as the Minnesota Department of Transportation starts reconfiguring Interstate 94 in downtown Minneapolis just as tens of thousands of people will stream into the city for large events that include the Twin Cities Pride Festival in Loring Park and the Back to the 50s street rod extravaganza at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.
Rain has pushed back the start of today's Twins-White Sox game at Target Field but that won't stop Metro Transit from shutting down light-rail service at 6:45 p.m. Thursday as scheduled.
Commuters traveling along the I-94 corridor between Minneapolis and St. Paul Monday morning saw a heavy police presence, particularly in the Midway area.
The biggest traffic jams this weekend are likely to be on I-35 north of the Twin Cities as thousands make the trip to and from Duluth for Saturday's Grandma's Marathon.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is taking a step to draw travelers' attention to the growing problem of human trafficking and get them to report suspicious activity.