It's not hard to find crashes and traffic jams this morning. Here is a sampling of where you can expect bumper to bumper traffic:
- Eastbound Hwy. 212 from Dell Road to 494 in Eden Prairie
- Southbound 494 from the Fish Lake Interchange down to County Road 6
- Northbound 35 and 35W from County 50 in Lakeville to Black Dog Road in Burnsville
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from I-94 to 36th Avenue in New Hope and Brooklyn Park
- Southbound 35E from Hwy. 36 to downtown St. Paul.
- On the ramp from southbound 35E to westbound 94 in St. Paul
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at the Crosstown in Edina. There is another one ahead at Benton.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 62
- Rollover on Hwy. 65 at 133rd Avenue NE. in Ham Lake
- Northbound 35E at County 96
- Eastbound Hwy. 5 at Powers Blvd.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.
Temporary "No Parking" signs have started to appear on city streets in Minneapolis and St. Paul as both municipalities this week send out sweepers to pick up gravel, leaves and debris as well as sand and dirt.