This morning is an ugly one for commuters in just about every corner of the metro. Here is a list of the current accidents:
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue; traffic slows at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue; traffic stacked up at Hwy. 212.
- Eastbound 394 in the car pool lane at General Mills Blvd.
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65 in the center median
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36; tanker blocking left and center lane.
- Westbound Hwy. 36 just past 35E.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61 in White Bear Lake.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street in Edina.
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
There is one more closure to add to the weekend traffic round up, and it's a big one. Interstate 94 will be closed in downtown St. Paul, further complicating efforts to get to Saturday's Wild game.
Plan calls to reopen Hwy. 101 between Shakopee and Chanhassen by Wednesday.
Some low-income residents in the Twin Cities residents could get a break at the fare box.
At long last, commuters in St. Louis Park will be able to cross Hwy. 100 using the new Minnetonka Boulevard bridge. The new overpass will open for motorists and pedestrians on Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.
The good news is that County Road 61 between Bluff Creek Drive and Great Plains Blvd. allowing motorists to go from Chanhassen to Chaska will open at 7 p.m. Wednesday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation says.