This morning is an ugly one for commuters in just about every corner of the metro. Here is a list of the current accidents:
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue; traffic slows at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue; traffic stacked up at Hwy. 212.
- Eastbound 394 in the car pool lane at General Mills Blvd.
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65 in the center median
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36; tanker blocking left and center lane.
- Westbound Hwy. 36 just past 35E.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61 in White Bear Lake.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street in Edina.
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Motorists in the west metro can rejoice. If all goes as planned, the Minnesota Department of Transportation on Monday will open the Hwy. 7 bridge over Hwy. 100 and the segment of the highway between Wooddale Avenue and Belt Line Road in St. Louis Park.
The contractor building a concrete median barrier along a 3-mile segment of Hwy. 12 in Wayzata and Orono has finished its work a week early and the road will reopen to motorists on Friday, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.
The Metropolitan Council on Wednesday awarded a $118 million contract to Siemens to design 27 light-rail cars for the Southwest Light Rail Project.
As the number of people riding the metro area's two light-rail lines soars, so is the number of passengers who take rides without paying.
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.