This morning is an ugly one for commuters in just about every corner of the metro. Here is a list of the current accidents:
- Westbound 494 at Hardman Avenue; traffic slows at Bailey Road
- Eastbound 494 at Xerxes Avenue; traffic stacked up at Hwy. 212.
- Eastbound 394 in the car pool lane at General Mills Blvd.
- Eastbound Hwy. 10 at Hwy. 65 in the center median
- Southbound 35E at Hwy. 36; tanker blocking left and center lane.
- Westbound Hwy. 36 just past 35E.
- Westbound 694 at Hwy. 61 in White Bear Lake.
- Northbound Hwy. 100 at 50th Street in Edina.
From Around the Web
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
The three-day Independence Day holiday weekend looks to be warm and dry, just about perfect for watching the scores of Twin Cities area fireworks displays that will draw crowds to shows both large and small Friday and Saturday nights.
With many people taking Friday off and turning Independence Day into a long holiday weekend, Metro Transit and suburban transit providers are expecting fewer riders and are adjusting service to reflect decreased demand. That could catch some commuters off guard as the official holiday is not until Saturday.
Metro Transit will run fewer Northstar trains on Friday, and none on Saturday.
A 53-year-old man became the state's 25th motorcycle fatality on Thursday when he crashed his bike on a rural Stearns County road while trying to flee police.
Round two of the Cedar Avenue bridge repair project beginning Friday night could throw commuting patterns in the south metro back into chaos while a weekend closure of the reversible carpool lanes on I-394 will throw a curve ball to fans heading to the Twins' homestand with the Chicago Cubs at Target Field.