Traffic continues to move well in most areas of the metro, but we do have a few exceptions.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to County Road 96 in Blaine and Shoreview, 11 minutes
- Northbound Hwy. 52 from 117th Avenue to Concord Blvd in Inver Grove Heights. That's 12 to 14 minutes.
- Eastbound 94 from Maple Grove Pkwy. to the Fish Lake Interchange, 10 minutes
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from Hwy. 10 to Bass Lake Road in Champlin and Brooklyn Park, 18 minutes
- Northbound 35W from the Burnsville Split to the Crosstown, 15 minutes
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
By most accounts, traffic flowed reasonably well in the southwest metro on Monday morning, the first day of the dreaded Nine Mile Creek bridge closure that will impact more than 90,000 drivers daily.
Yes, we've heard this before, but this time the Minnesota Department of Transportation seems fairly certain that the Nine Mile Creek bridge on Hwy. 169 will close Monday.
Organizers of Saturday's Women's March Minnesota are telling protesters, demonstrators and spectators to be ready for traffic delays, and it's advice motorists heading to or through St. Paul may want to heed.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will put a new deck on the Smith Avenue High Bridge later this year, and in the process will upgrade it curb appeal.
Drivers who use the Nine Mile Creek Bridge on Hwy. 169 between Bren Road and 5th Street/Lincoln Drive on the Minnetonka-Edina border will have more time to find alternate routes.