Traffic continues to move well in most areas of the metro, but we do have a few exceptions.
- Southbound 35W from Lexington Avenue to County Road 96 in Blaine and Shoreview, 11 minutes
- Northbound Hwy. 52 from 117th Avenue to Concord Blvd in Inver Grove Heights. That's 12 to 14 minutes.
- Eastbound 94 from Maple Grove Pkwy. to the Fish Lake Interchange, 10 minutes
- Southbound Hwy. 169 from Hwy. 10 to Bass Lake Road in Champlin and Brooklyn Park, 18 minutes
- Northbound 35W from the Burnsville Split to the Crosstown, 15 minutes
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has plans to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists who use Snelling Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area. And they will be shared during a meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Nice Ride Minnesota has a new app. It also wants to raise the number of single rides taken on the bike sharing network.
Detours and weekend and nightly closures are coming to a stretch of Hwy. 12 in the west metro this fall and they may be welcome.
As it's hot, hot, hot, motorists may find the biggest traffic snarls this weekend on roads leading to lakes, pools and all places cool.
A $5 refillable Go-To card to cover the round-trip fare plus free food and Dilly Bars was a deal most employees could not pass up. But the hope is that many will become regular bus riders to ease a parking crunch at 10 River Park Plaza and at Gillette's main campus attached to Regions Hospital.