It turning into an ugly drive out there with numerous crashes and spinouts. And where there are not crashes, look for slow going.
Here are the current trouble spots
- Eastbound 694 at Shingle Creek Pkwy. Delays begin at Xerxes Avenue.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 7. Southbound is tight from Minnetonka Blvd. to Valley View Road
- Crosstown eastbound at Penn Avenue. Prepare to hit the brakes at Hwy. 100
- Crosstown westbound at Cedar Avenue. Delays kick in at 28th Avenue
- Northbound Cedar Avenue at 35E. The jam begins at McAndrews Road.
- Westbound 494 at Hwy. 169.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue near the Crosstown
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
Members of the Highway 12 Safety Coalition has organized a press conference at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Maple Plain Family Center in Maple Plain to renew their push for funding. Representative Jerry Hertaus (R) called the press conference.
From Monday through June 5, more than 300 law enforcement agencies from across the state will be looking for motorists who are not wearing their seat belts as part of Click It or Ticket campaign. The goal of the campaign is to increase seat belt usage and prevent serious injuries and deaths.
Multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning recording artist Beyonce will draw a crowd of more than 40,000 to the University of Minnesota Monday, and that will put extra pressure on the traffic grid just as the afternoon commute gets underway.
This will a be Chamber of Commerce like weekend from a weather standpoint, but the forecast isn't so sunny for motorists. The biggest inconvenience will be a shut down of Hwy. 100 through Golden Valley, St. Louis Park and Edina.
Commuters on westbound I-94 have lost a critical entry point into downtown Minneapolis Wednesday when the ramp to 5th Street closed. It will remain closed until June 1, the Minnesota Department of Transportation said.