It turning into an ugly drive out there with numerous crashes and spinouts. And where there are not crashes, look for slow going.
Here are the current trouble spots
- Eastbound 694 at Shingle Creek Pkwy. Delays begin at Xerxes Avenue.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 7. Southbound is tight from Minnetonka Blvd. to Valley View Road
- Crosstown eastbound at Penn Avenue. Prepare to hit the brakes at Hwy. 100
- Crosstown westbound at Cedar Avenue. Delays kick in at 28th Avenue
- Northbound Cedar Avenue at 35E. The jam begins at McAndrews Road.
- Westbound 494 at Hwy. 169.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue near the Crosstown
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Road and lane closures with their associated detours are not fun for anybody, and this weekend will be a dozy for drivers in the west metro.
Motorists won't be able to use the new road for about another month.
At an open house Tuesday, stakeholders can weigh in on a plan to move part of the area's second rapid bus line from Olson Highway to Glenwood Avenue when light rail line opens in 2021.
With an average of one person dying each day on Minnesota roads, the state is on pace to eclipse the 411 deaths reported last year.
Temporary "No Parking" signs have started to appear on city streets in Minneapolis and St. Paul as both municipalities this week send out sweepers to pick up gravel, leaves and debris as well as sand and dirt.