It turning into an ugly drive out there with numerous crashes and spinouts. And where there are not crashes, look for slow going.
Here are the current trouble spots
- Eastbound 694 at Shingle Creek Pkwy. Delays begin at Xerxes Avenue.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 7. Southbound is tight from Minnetonka Blvd. to Valley View Road
- Crosstown eastbound at Penn Avenue. Prepare to hit the brakes at Hwy. 100
- Crosstown westbound at Cedar Avenue. Delays kick in at 28th Avenue
- Northbound Cedar Avenue at 35E. The jam begins at McAndrews Road.
- Westbound 494 at Hwy. 169.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue near the Crosstown
More from Star Tribune
More from The Drive
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season swings into full gear starting Wednesday afternoon as scores will hit the roads for the Thanksgiving weekend. AAA says more than 42 million motorists will take to the highways and byways over the five-day weekend.
The words brought the room to a hush: "I am responsible for Courtney not having a mom," Craig Barnd said as the cameras rolled.
Called BeMyDD - as in be my designated driver - the service allows customers to hire a personal chauffeur to drive them around town in the comfort of their own car.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will reduce southbound I-35E through Maplewood and St. Paul to a single lane during the midday hours Tuesday and the agency is warning motorists to expect significant delays.
The highway was closed for more than three hours as officials investigated the two-vehicle crash that left a Bloomington woman dead.