It turning into an ugly drive out there with numerous crashes and spinouts. And where there are not crashes, look for slow going.
Here are the current trouble spots
- Eastbound 694 at Shingle Creek Pkwy. Delays begin at Xerxes Avenue.
- Northbound 494 at Hwy. 7. Southbound is tight from Minnetonka Blvd. to Valley View Road
- Crosstown eastbound at Penn Avenue. Prepare to hit the brakes at Hwy. 100
- Crosstown westbound at Cedar Avenue. Delays kick in at 28th Avenue
- Northbound Cedar Avenue at 35E. The jam begins at McAndrews Road.
- Westbound 494 at Hwy. 169.
- Northbound Cedar Avenue near the Crosstown
More from Star Tribune
More From The Drive
Within the next few weeks, Hennepin County will begin rebuilding a long segment of 66th Street in Richfield, and it's likely to bring traffic hassles for at least two construction seasons.
Officials at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport are telling spring break travelers to arrive two hours early and for good reason. The airport is seeing near record passenger volume this month, with Friday St. Patrick's Day expected to be the busiest day of the season.
Among the options on the table include raising all fares 25 cents. Another option would raise fares for local rides by 25 cents and express fares by 50 cents.
Green Line riders can expect delays late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning as Metro Transit conducts maintenance on the line.
Thousands of motorists who use Foley Boulevard in Coon Rapids will be on detour starting Tuesday, the Anoka County Transportation Department said.