It's been a long time in coming, but several roads and ramps in the north metro along 694 and Hwy. 10 reopened over the weekend.
According to MnDOT, the following are now open:
- The new Hwy 10/Ramsey County Road 96 interchange in Arden Hills.
- The Hwy 10 Diagonal between I-35W and I-694 and the following ramps, loops and intersections will also re-open:
- Westbound I-694 to westbound Hwy 10
- Lexington Avenue to westbound Hwy 10/westbound I-694
- Northbound Snelling/Hamline Avenue to westbound Hwy 10
- Southbound I-35W to eastbound Hwy 10 (north of I-694)
- Eastbound Hwy 10 to eastbound I-693 and southbound Snelling/Hamline Avenue
- Westbound County Road 96 to westbound Hwy 10
- Eastbound Hwy 10 to County Road 96
Star Tribune Recommends
More From The Drive
The bright orange shirts emblazoned with the words "Just Drive" succinctly says what Greg LaVallee wants all motorists to do while they are behind the wheel. In other words, he implores drivers to put down the phone.
A big traffic flap is brewing in Hopkins, where a group residents fed up with rogue motorists cutting through neighborhoods to bypass the official Hwy. 169 detour has launched an effort to recall the mayor and four city council members, claiming they have not done enough to address the problem.
About every three hours, a person or vehicle is hit by a train the U.S. Department of Transportation says, and that's why Hopkins Police will be conducting a railroad crossing safety effort on Wednesday.
Intermittent software issues were hampering the Metro Mobility service on Tuesday and officials say it was affecting their ability to schedule rides and complete trips on time.
Tuesday is the day residents of Arden Hills, Shoreview and Mounds View can learn about a construction project that will bring a roundabout to County Road I on the site of the former Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant (TCAAP).