It's been a long time in coming, but several roads and ramps in the north metro along 694 and Hwy. 10 reopened over the weekend.
According to MnDOT, the following are now open:
- The new Hwy 10/Ramsey County Road 96 interchange in Arden Hills.
- The Hwy 10 Diagonal between I-35W and I-694 and the following ramps, loops and intersections will also re-open:
- Westbound I-694 to westbound Hwy 10
- Lexington Avenue to westbound Hwy 10/westbound I-694
- Northbound Snelling/Hamline Avenue to westbound Hwy 10
- Southbound I-35W to eastbound Hwy 10 (north of I-694)
- Eastbound Hwy 10 to eastbound I-693 and southbound Snelling/Hamline Avenue
- Westbound County Road 96 to westbound Hwy 10
- Eastbound Hwy 10 to County Road 96
More from The Drive
Public safety officials are pleading with motorcyclists and motorists alike to exercise caution and make safety a priority after the state recorded its 47th motorcyclist death of the year, one more than in all of 2014.
Riders have asked for Route 694S service from the southwest suburbs to Normandale Community College to be reinstated and SouthWest Transit says it's bringing the service back.
Early afternoon is when parking spaces start to turnover as folks who arrived early head out and crowds expected for the sold out Grandstand show featuring Def Leppard and STYX won't start showing up for a few hours. Expect things to remain busy, however.
With 1.8 million people expected to pass through the turnstiles over the next 12 days (Thursday through Labor Day), fair goers should do a little planning before leaving home, says spokeswoman Brianna Schutte. Here are a few tips for those arriving by car, bus, bicycle, motorcycle or on foot.
For drivers who park in downtown Minneapolis and need to feed the meter, there's now a smartphone app for that.