The good news is that the number of accidents have abated in the past 30 minutes. There also are fewer spinouts being reported now that the snow has stopped in most place in the metro.
Metro Transit buses are still running behind schedule. The average delay is 11 minutes. Trains and light rail lines are running on time.
Roads are not on time. Here are some current travel times:
- Eastbound 494 from Hwy. 169 to Cedar Avenue, 30 minutes
- Northbound 494 from Hwy. 212 to Bass Lake Road, 44 minutes
- Northbound Hwy. 169 from 494 to 94, 55 minutes.
- Westbound Hwy. 55 from Hwy. 100 to 494, 24 minutes.
- Northbound 35W from Hennepin Avenue to Hwy. 10, 42 minutes.
- Westbound 394 from 94 to 494, 24 minutes.
While things are improving, don't let your guard down. There are still plenty of slippery spots on lesser traveled roads. Police are heading to a roll over on 280th Street and Red Wing Avenue.