Big Ten power rankings
Randy Johnson ranks ’em:
1. Ohio State (7-1, 5-0): After huge comeback win over Penn State, Buckeyes must guard against hangover on trip to Iowa.
2. Penn State (7-1, 4-1): Nittany Lions’ playoff aspirations took a big hit in collapse in Columbus. Now, they must impress at Michigan State in last true test.
3. Wisconsin (8-0, 5-0): Badgers breezed past Illinois, now go to Indiana as appetizer before Iowa, Michigan visit Camp Randall.
4. Northwestern (5-3, 3-2): After losses to Wisconsin and Penn State, Wildcats have won three straight and could run the table.
5. Michigan St. (6-2, 4-1): Triple-OT loss at Northwestern hurt. Now, Sparty must play Nittany Lions and Buckeyes back-to-back.
6. Michigan (6-2, 3-2): The Brandon Peters Era at QB has begun, and the redshirt freshman likely will get his first start with the Little Brown Jug on the line.
7. Iowa (5-3, 2-3): Hawkeyes needed that win over Gophers, because now they have Ohio St. and Wisconsin.
8. Maryland (4-4, 2-3): A trip to Rutgers could boost bowl hopes.
9. Nebraska (4-4, 3-2): Cornhuskers host Northwestern, with second place in the Big Ten West on the line.
10. Purdue (3-5, 1-4): Visit from Illinois should provide a perfect salve to soothe that one-point loss to Nebraska.
11. Gophers (4-4, 1-4): With Floyd staying in Iowa, Gophers will try to seize the Little Brown Jug from Michigan. That’s happened four times in the past 40 years.
12. Rutgers (3-5, 2-3): Scarlet Knights’ two-game win streak gave way to reality at Michigan.
13. Indiana (3-5, 0-5): After visit from Wisconsin, schedule softens.
14. Illinois (2-6, 0-5): Visit to Purdue likely is only chance for Illini to post a Big Ten win.