St. Paul has a royal family.
The 2018 Winter Carnival crowned its royals Friday night at RiverCentre. They are:
• Boreas LXXXII: Tom Leonard of White Bear Lake, sponsored by Fury Motors.
• Aurora, Queen of Snows: Jilla Nadimi of St. Paul, sponsored by Party Time Liquor. The carnival said this about Nadimi: "Growing up as an immigrant, Jilla found community to be an essential resource. Throughout her youth, Girl Scouts nurtured this passion as she earned her Gold Award. After receiving her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Minnesota in French and Global Studies, she continues to build community both at home and abroad. Currently, as a monitoring and evaluation officer for the American Refugee Committee, she supports field teams in providing aid to refugees and internally displaced persons in countries including Rwanda, Somalia, and Syria. Through her involvement with the St. Paul Winter Carnival she will expand her community service locally and proudly represent the city she loves. A fun fact: She once rode her bicycle from St. Paul to Duluth and fell even deeper in love with Minnesota along the way."
• Prime Minister: Christine Quandt of Excelsior, sponsored by Fortune Financial and Twin Cities Wellness Collective.
• Titan, Prince of the North Wind: Bob Flood of Hugo, sponsored by Haas Financial.
• North Wind Princess: Elizabeth Mark of Vadnais Heights, sponsored by Rice Street Festival.
• Euros, Prince of the East Wind: Bill Wearn of St. Paul, sponsored by Rosedale Center.
• East Wind Princess: Heather Westling of Hopkins, sponsored by Quality Insurance Service.
• Zephyrus, Prince of the West Wind: Daryl Wahl of Woodbury, sponsored by Boars Head Leathers.
• West Wind Princess: Dani Ross of Hudson, Wis., sponsored by White Bear Country Inn/Rudy Red Eye.
• Notos, Prince of the South Wind: Steve Doody of South St. Paul, sponsored by Edward Jones Investments.
• South Wind Princess: Jacquelyn Chatelaine of Lakeville, sponsored by Alpha Financial Services.
• Captain of the Guard: Jeff Dekeuster of Roseville, sponsored by LCS.
• Guard Sergeant: Christopher Seebeck of Woodbury, sponsored by Guardian Pest Solutions.
• King's Guards: Brenda Hocum of Roseville, sponsored by Hamernick's Interior Decorating; Jamie Rued of West St. Paul, sponsored by Inver Grove Ford Lincoln, and Dan Maslowski of Maplewood, sponsored by Twin Cities Hide.
• Royal Coordinators: Cheryl Peterson of South St. Paul and Kathy Zwieg of Lino Lakes.
• Klondike Kate: Natalia Hemingway of St. Louis Park, chosen Jan. 10.
The 132nd Winter Carnival runs through Feb. 10. Dozens of free events have been planned aimed at entertaining both locals and Super Bowl visitors. Most will take place in downtown St. Paul, in and around Rice Park and the Landmark Center, as well as at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds.