Just two days into its offseason, the first wave of change hit the Wild.

But the moves didn't affect the roster.

Andrew Brunette, who scored one of the most iconic goals in team history, was dismissed Monday as director of player personnel of the Wild, an NHL source confirmed.

Assistant general manager Shep Harder and lead hockey researcher Andrew C. Thomas were also let go. All three were on expiring contracts.

Paul Fenton, who retained Brunette, Harder and Thomas in the front office when he took over as general manager following last season, will address the media in his postseason news conference Tuesday.

Brunette was an assistant general manager under GM Chuck Fletcher before Fletcher lost his job a year ago. Before then, Brunette was an assistant coach from 2014-16. He played six seasons for the Wild and scored the winning goal in Game 7 of the Western Conference quarterfinal series against Colorado in 2003.

Harder was in his 12th season with the Wild. He was responsible for contract research, analysis and negotiations, scouting and player evaluation, salary cap analysis and management and working as a liaison with the NHL on matters related to the collective bargaining agreement.

It's believed the Wild have targeted Chris O'Hearn to take on a role that oversees the salary cap and contracts, the NHL source said. O'Hearn previously handled those duties as an assistant general manager with the Arizona Coyotes.

P.J. Fenton, who was brought on last year as a scout, is expected to oversee the scouting staff. He and amateur scout Darren Yopyk are poised to run the draft.

Brown faces fine

Dallas police provided details Monday on the arrest of Wild forward J.T. Brown early Saturday morning.

Brown, 28, was cited on suspicion of public intoxication, a Class C misdemeanor in Texas, for an incident outside British Beverage Co., a popular tavern. The misdemeanor is punishable of a fine of up to $500.

He issued an apology in a statement on Sunday.

On Monday, a Dallas police spokeswoman wrote in an e-mail to the Star Tribune:

"At approximately 2:18 a.m., a Dallas Police Officer was working in an off-duty capacity in the 2800 block of Routh Street. Employees from a nearby business advised the off-duty officer that Joshua Thomas Brown … was causing a disturbance with other patrons and employees inside of the business. Mr. Brown was asked to leave the business and was escorted off the premises. Mr. Brown later returned to the business location and caused another verbal altercation with the staff. Mr. Brown was taken into custody by officers, transported to the Dallas Marshall's Office, and processed for public intoxication."