Angels win, catch Astros
• LOS ANGELES, 8 OAKLAND 1: Erick Aybar drove in three runs and Albert Pujols had an RBI double among his three hits as the Angels won their seventh consecutive victory, taking over the second wild card lead by routing the A’s in Anaheim. Nick Tropeano of L.A. gave up one run and three hits and struck out 11.
• SEATTLE 6, HOUSTON 4: Shawn O’Malley had a two-run single in the bottom of the eight inning, breaking a 4-all tie in the Mariners’ win over the visiting Astros. Teammate Robinson Cano, with Seattle behind 4-2, hit a two-run homer in the sixth.
• CHICAGO 4, KANSAS CITY 2: Eric Hosmer and Kendrys Morales homered and Johnny Cueto threw six quality innings, but the visiting Royals lost to the White Sox. Kansas City, which has lost four of its past five, fell behind 3-0 after Adam Eaton drove a two-run homer off Cueto in the fifth inning.
• TEXAS 7, DETROIT 6: Cole Hamels won his sixth consecutive decision and the AL West-leading Texas Rangers stopped a three-game skid with a win over the Tigers at home. Adrian Beltre of Texas had three hits and drove in two runs.
Dodgers clinch West title
• LOS ANGELES 8, SAN FRANCISCO 0: Clayton Kershaw pitched the big-money Dodgers to their third consecutive NL West title, tossing a 1-hitter and striking out 13 as Los Angeles beat the host Giants. Justin Ruggiano and A.J. Ellis hit back-to-back home runs in the sixth.
• PHILADELPHIA 4, NEW YORK 3: Darin Ruf hit a three-run homer, Odubel Herrera had four hits as the Phillies beat the Mets to stop New York’s franchise-record 11-game road winning streak. Lucas Duda hit two homers for the Mets.
• ATLANTA 2, WASHINGTON 1: A.J. Pierzynski hit two home runs as the Braves beat the host Nationals.
• CHICAGO 4, CINCINNATI 1: Miguel Montero doubled home a pair of runs during Chicago’s four-run first inning, and Dan Haren pitched into the eighth, leading the Cubs over the host Reds.
• MILWAUKE 4, SAN DIEGO 3: Jean Segura hit a go-ahead, two-run homer in the sixth inning as the Brewers beat the host Padres.
Rays edge Marlins
• TAMPA BAY 4, MIAMI 2: Asdrubal Cabrera hit a go-ahead two-run homer in the eighth inning and the Rays beat the Marlins in Miami.
Cards-Bucs to play two
• Rain washed out Tuesday night’s Cardinals-Pirates game in Pittsburgh. The teams will play a day-night doubleheader Wednesday. St. Louis clinches the NL Central title with one win.
• Also postponed by rain was the Blue Jays’ game in Baltimore. It will be made up as part of a single-admission doubleheader Wednesday.