Angels rally in ninth inning
•LOS ANGELES 4, CLEVELAND 3: C.J. Cron hit a tying two-run single with two out and the bases loaded in the ninth inning against Indians closer Cody Allen and pinch runner Taylor Featherston scored on a wild pitch, giving the Angels a victory over the visiting Indians on Wednesday. Cam Bedrosian, the son of 1987 Cy Young Award-winning closer Steve Bedrosian, pitched a perfect ninth for his first career victory.
•CHICAGO 6, TAMPA BAY 5 (10): Avisail Garcia hit a three-run homer in the White Sox's five-run first inning and had a bases-loaded walk in the 10th to give host Chicago a victory over the Rays. Adam Eaton singled leading off the 10th for the White Sox, stole second base and advanced to third when catcher Curt Casali's throw struck shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera in the ear. Closer Brad Boxberger then intentionally walked two batters to load the bases.
• BALTIMORE 7, OAKLAND 3 (10): Chris Davis hit his second grand slam in 12 days with one out in the top of the 10th inning as the Orioles beat the Athletics. The homer was Davis' 28th home run of the season.
• BOSTON 2, NEW YORK 1: Steven Wright handcuffed a torrid Yankees lineup with his steady supply of knuckleballs, and David Ortiz hit a long home run to lead the visiting Red Sox over New York.
Bumgarner, Giants top Braves
• SAN FRANCISCO 6, ATLANTA 1: Madison Bumgarner pitched into the eighth inning, and Kelby Tomlinson drove in three runs as the Giants beat the Braves in Atlanta. San Francisco has won 16 of 21.
• LOS ANGELES 4, PHILADELPHIA 3: Yasiel Puig hit a three-run home run, Brett Anderson allowed one run in six innings as the Dodgers beat the host Phillies.
• PITTSBURGH 7, CHICAGO 5: Gregory Polanco and Andrew McCutchen homered for the Pirates in a win over visiting Chicago, ending the Cubs' season-best six-game winning streak.
• NEW YORK 8, MIAMI 6: Mets closer Jeurys Familia finally got the last out to halt the Marlins' six-run rally in the bottom of the ninth inning. The victory was New York's sixth in a row.
Rockies win on HR in 11th
• COLORADO 7, SEATTLE 5 (11): Michael McKenry hit a two-out, two-run homer in the bottom of the 11th inning as the Rockies beat the Mariners.
Cubs' Soriano on DL
•The Cubs placed righthanded reliever Rafael Soriano on the 15-disabled list because of inflammation in his right shoulder.
•Blue Jays righthander Aaron Sanchez dropped his appeal of a three-game suspension for throwing at Kansas City's Alcides Escobar on Sunday.