Cubs score 17 runs to rout Indians
• CHICAGO CUBS 17, CLEVELAND 0: Kris Bryant had a grand slam and Kyle Schwarber was 4-for-5, including his first major league hit and RBI, as the Cubs routed the Indians on Wednesday night in Cleveland. The Cubs, who hit four homers in all, scored seven times in the ninth inning, which ended with Indians position players Ryan Raburn and David Murphy pitching. Schwarber, the fourth pick in last year's draft who was called up Tuesday, tripled in the second to key a six-run inning and added an RBI single in the third when the Cubs scored four times.
• BALTIMORE 6, PHILADELPHIA 4: Chris Parmelee homered for the third time in two games and Travis Snider also went deep as the Orioles handed the host Phillies their ninth straight defeat. David Lough doubled and had two RBI for Baltimore, which won its 12th game in the past 14. Freddy Galvis homered and Ben Revere had a pair of hits, including a triple for Philadelphia, which has lost 19 of 22.
• SEATTLE 2, SAN FRANCISCO 0: Felix Hernandez of the Mariners outdueled Madison Bumgarner of the Giants. Both gave up only four hits through eight innings, but host Seattle scored the only runs of the game on RBI doubles by Austin Jackson and Robinson Cano in the sixth.
• TAMPA BAY 5, WASHINGTON 0: Steven Souza Jr. hit his 13th home run of the season and Curt Casali the first of his career to lead the Rays over Nationals in Washington. Souza and Casali each had three hits, with Souza doing so coming back to his former home park. Matt Andriese pitched four shutout innings of relief for the Rays. The Nationals committed three errors and had just two hits.
• TORONTO 8, N.Y. METS 0: Danny Valencia hit a three-run homer and Kevin Pillar had a solo shot to lead the Blue Jays over the visiting Mets. Toronto starter Drew Hutchison gave up four hits in 5⅔ innings, walked one and struck out five.
• ATLANTA 5, BOSTON 2: Nick Markakis singled in the go-ahead run in the seventh inning, Pedro Ciriaco added a pair of RBI singles as the Braves beat the struggling Red Sox in Atlanta. Boston manager John Farrell was ejected for arguing balls and strikes in the seventh.
• PITTSBURGH 3, CHICAGO WHITE SOX 2: The Pirates scored all their runs in the top of the first inning on Andrew McCutchen's RBI single and Jung Ho Kang's two-run homer. Jeff Locke got the victory, giving up two runs on three hits in six innings. Three Bucs relievers gave up just one hit.
• KANSAS CITY 10, MILWAUKEE 2: Joe Blanton picked up his first victory in nearly two years with five solid innings and Alcides Escobar equaled his career high with four RBI as the Royals pounded the visiting Brewers.
• HOUSTON 8, COLORADO 4: Carlos Correa hit one of Houston's four home runs and had two other hits, and Brett Olberholtzer pitched effectively into the seventh inning in the Astros' win over the Rockies in Denver. Chris Carter, Preston Tucker and Jake Marisnick also homered for the Astros, who have won four in a row and lead the majors with 95 home runs.
• ARIZONA 3, L.A. ANGELS 2: Welington Castillo and Paul Goldschmidt hit solo homers as the Diamondbacks edged the visiting Angels after building a 3-0 lead through four innings. Winner Chase Anderson gave up two runs and seven hits in six innings.