Jones leads Orioles over Red Sox
• BALTIMORE 5, BOSTON 2: Adam Jones drove in a run and played exceptional defense behind lefthander Wei-Yin Chen, who earned his second win of the season Wednesday night in the Orioles' victory over the visiting Red Sox. Jones, a four-time Gold Glove winner, threw out a runner from center field and made two fine catches. He also put Baltimore up 3-1 in the third with an RBI single.
• TAMPA BAY 4, LOS ANGELES 2: Evan Longoria homered and Erasmo Ramirez got help from four relievers as the host Rays beat the Angels. Ramirez gave up two runs and five hits over five innings in winning for the fifth time in six starts.
• SEATTLE 9, CLEVELAND 3: Kyle Seager had a grand slam in the third inning and five RBI total to lead the visiting Mariners over the Indians.
• CHICAGO 4, HOUSTON 1: Geovany Soto hit a tiebreaking home run in the seventh inning as the White Sox extended the Astros' losing streak to seven games.
Pirates' Morton stifles Brewers
• PITTSBURGH 2, MILWAUKEE 0: Charlie Morton scattered three hits in 7⅓ innings to improve to 4-0 since his return from hip surgery as the host Pirates beat the Brewers 2-0. Pedro Alvarez hit his 10th homer of the season. Jordy Mercer and Jung Ho Kang added three hits apiece for the Pirates. Mark Melancon worked a perfect ninth for his 19th save.
• CINCINNATI 5, PHILADELPHIA 2: Ivan De Jesus Jr. homered for the second time in three games, and the Reds swept the visiting Phillies after losing shortstop Zack Cozart to a knee injury.
• ST. LOUIS 4, COLORADO 2: Carlos Martinez pitched efficiently into the seventh inning for a fifth consecutive start and Randal Grichuk hit a solo homer, helping the Cardinals beat the Rockies in Denver to avoid a series sweep.
• ATLANTA 4, SAN DIEGO 1: Rookie Williams Perez allowed only four hits in seven innings, Kelly Johnson returned from the disabled list with three hits and the Braves beat the Padres in Atlanta.
• SAN FRANCISCO 8, NEW YORK 5: The usually light-hitting Giants hit three homers to beat the Mets at Citi Field. Joe Panik and Brandon Belt hit two-run blasts and Justin Maxwell a solo shot.
Blue Jays win eighth in a row
• TORONTO 7, MIAMI 2: Justin Smoak hit one of four Blue Jays homers, and Scott Copeland won in his first major league start to lead the Blue Jays over Marlins — extending Toronto's winning streak to eight games. Josh Donaldson, Russell Martin and Jose Reyes also went deep for the Blue Jays (31-30), who moved above .500 for the first time since May 19.
• CHICAGO CUBS 12, DETROIT 3: Chris Coghlan and Miguel Montero each hit a three-run homer as the Cubs pounded the Tigers in Detroit. Jake Arrieta shut out the Tigers until Yoenis Cespedes hit a three-run shot in the sixth. The Cubs led 6-0 before that, and Chicago added six more runs in the seventh.