Wildcats go to 13-1
• NORTHWESTERN 81, NEBRASKA 72: Freshman Dererk Pardon had 28 points and 12 rebounds in his second college game, and the Wildcats came back from a 12-point second-half deficit to defeat the Cornhuskers (8-6) in Lincoln on Wednesday in the Big Ten opener for both teams. The Wildcats (13-1) won their 10th straight game and are off to their best start since 1930-31. The 6-8, 230-pound Pardon made 11 of 14 shots from the field and had seven offensive rebounds. Northwestern coach Chris Collins activated Pardon on Sunday because of a foot injury that will keep 7-foot senior Alex Olah out indefinitely.
• INDIANA 79, RUTGERS 72: Max Bielfedt came off the bench and had a double-double, scoring 18 points on 8-of-14 shooting while grabbing 14 rebounds, to lead the Hoosiers over the host Scarlet Knights. "I had a good game here last year too. Maybe it's the lighting. Maybe it's the rims," Bielfeldt said. "I like playing here." Yogi Ferrell added 18 points and seven assists for the Hoosiers (11-3). Omari Grier had 20 points to lead Rutgers (6-8).
• MICHIGAN 76, ILLINOIS 68: Reserve Mark Donnal had 26 points, nine rebounds and three blocks — all career highs — and Caris LeVert scored 22 with a career-best tying 10 assists to help the Wolverines (11-3) beat the Illini in Champaign. Kendrick Nunn scored 23 points to lead Illinois (8-6).
• NO. 5 VIRGINIA 71, OAKLAND 58: Anthony Gill and London Perrantes scored eight points each during a 24-7 run to open the second half as the host Cavaliers (11-1) pulled away from the Golden Grizzlies for their 10th consecutive victory. Gill led the Cavaliers with 17 points. Kay Felder had 30 points for Oakland (8-5).
• NO. 7 NORTH CAROLINA 80, CLEMSON 69: Marcus Paige scored 18 points to help the Tar Heels (12-2) beat the Tigers (7-6) in an Atlantic Coast Conference opener, extending Clemson's long run of futility in Chapel Hill to 0-58.
• NO. 15 DUKE 103, LONG BEACH STATE 81: Grayson Allen scored 24 of his career-high 33 points in the second half to lead the Blue Devils (11-2) past the 49ers in Durham, N.C.
• OKLAHOMA STATE 52, NO. 4 BAYLOR 45: Brittney Martin had 26 points and 10 rebounds as the Cowgirls stunned the visiting Lady Bears in a Big 12 opener for both teams, ending Baylor's 13-game winning streak.