Badgers' long win streak over rival ends
• MILWAUKEE 68, WISCONSIN 67: Jordan Johnson scored 22 points as Panthers (7-3) edged the Badgers (6-4) on Wednesday night in Madison, stopping a 22-game losing streak to them. Nigel Hayes led Wisconsin (6-4) with a career-high 32 points. But he missed a pair of free throws that could have tied the score with less than 25 seconds left. Matt Tiby scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for Milwaukee, which last beat the Badgers on Dec. 12, 1992.
• NO. 1 MICHIGAN STATE 78, MD. EASTERN SHORE 35: Denzel Valentine had 11 points, 10 rebounds and six assists to help the Spartans (10-0) rout the Hawks (1-8) in East Lansing. Michigan State is off to their best start since the 2000-01 season. The Spartans play host to Florida (6-2) on Saturday in a rematch of the 2000 NCAA final.
• INDIANA 90, IPFW 65: Yogi Ferrell scored a career-high 38 points — only four points off the Assembly Hall record set by Steve Alford in 1987 — and Troy Williams had 15 points and a career-best 19 rebounds as the Hoosiers (7-3) routed the Mastodons (7-4).
• CREIGHTON 83, NEBRASKA 67: Junior guard Isaiah Zierden, a former Benilde-St. Margaret's star, scored 17 points to lead the Bluejays (6-3) over the Cornhuskers (6-4) in Omaha. Zierden was 5-for-7 on three-point attempts. Andrew White led Nebraska with 28 points.
• NO. 1 CONNECTICUT 94, COLGATE 50: Senior Breanna Stewart had 22 points and a career-high 10 assists to become the first player in NCAA history with 300 blocks and 300 assists as the top-ranked Huskies (7-0) beat the host Raiders (1-6).
• NO. 3 NOTRE DAME 95, NO. 18 DEPAUL 90: Madison Cable had 21 points and 10 rebounds, helping the Irish (8-1) hold off a second-half rally from 26 points down at the half by the visiting Blue Demons (6-3).