Blue Jays win on 3-run HR in 9th
• TORONTO 10, CHICAGO 9: Josh Donaldson hit a three-run homer off David Robertson in the ninth inning, his second home run of the game, lifting the Blue Jays over the White Sox on Tuesday night in Toronto. Donaldson also hit a solo homer in the first and went 4 for 4 with a walk and five runs for Toronto.
• SEATTLE 7, TAMPA BAY 6: Kyle Seager hit a grand slam in the eighth inning and a game-winning home run in the 10th to lift the visiting Mariners victory over the Rays.
• TEXAS 4, CLEVELAND 3: Mitch Moreland hit a tiebreaking homer in the eighth inning, and the Rangers beat the host Indians for their seventh consecutive victory. Prince Fielder had a three-run homer for Texas.
• HOUSTON 4, BALTIMORE 1: Scott Feldman outpitched Chris Tillman, Chris Carter keyed a seventh-inning rally and the Astros beat the Orioles in Baltimore for their 10th win in 13 games.
Cubs edge Nationals after error
• CHICAGO 3, WASHINGTON 2: Addison Russell hit a game-ending RBI double in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Cubs beat the Nationals in Chicago. The Cubs caught a huge break the batter before when shortstop Ian Desmond threw wide to first while trying to turn a potential double play.
• PITTSBURGH 5, MIAMI 1: Jeff Locke worked into the sixth inning in his first win in more than a month, and the host Pirates beat the reeling Marlins. Locke struck out six and walked four in 5⅔ shutout innings for his first victory this season against a team other than last-place Milwaukee. Neil Walker hit a two-run homer in Pittsburgh's fifth consecutive win.
• CINCINNATI 2, COLORADO 1: Skip Schumaker hit a game-winning, walk-off double in the ninth inning to end the host Reds' nine-game losing streak with a victory over the Rockies. Players piled out of their dugout for a wild celebration near second base after Schumaker's pinch hit ended the Reds' longest slump since they dropped 11 in a row in 1998.
• NEW YORK 5, PHILADELPHIA 4 (10): Shortstop Wilmer Flores' two-out single in the bottom of the ninth enabled the host Mets to edge the Phillies.
• ST. LOUIS 6, ARIZONA 4: Jaime Garcia won for the first time in nearly a year, working six solid innings, and Randal Grichuk homered for the host Cardinals, who beat the Diamondbacks.
• SAN FRANCISCO 6, MILWAUKEE 3: Madison Bumgarner improved to 5-1 in his past six starts and three Giants homered in a road victory over the Brewers.
• LOS ANGELES 8, ATLANTA 0: Clayton Kershaw shut out the visiting Braves for seven innings on four hits and Adrian Gonzalez hit a two-run homer for the Dodgers.
Phillies GM apologizes to fans
•Phillies General Manager Ruben Amaro Jr. apologized for comments critical of the team's fans, citing a poor choice of words in explaining the organization's conservative process with its top minor-league pitching prospects.