Maryland crushes UConn on boards
• NO. 6 MARYLAND 76, CONNECTICUT 66: Melo Trimble scored a season-high 25 points and freshman Diamond Stone had 16 as the Terrapins (8-1) built a 20-point lead in the first half and beat the Huskies (5-3) Tuesday night in the Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden in New York. Maryland dominated 45-24 in rebounding, including 23-9 on the offensive end. Daniel Hamilton had 23 points for the Huskies.
• GEORGE WASHINGTON 76, PENN STATE 66: Tyler Cavanaugh scored 18 points and had 10 rebounds for the Colonials (8-1) on Tuesday in their home-court win over the Nittany Lions (5-3). The victory was George Washington's first over a Big Ten team at home since a 77-74 triumph over Wisconsin in 1977.
• NO. 19 SMU 82, MICHIGAN 58: Jordan Tolbert got most of his 23 points on slam dunks and had nine rebounds as the Mustangs (7-0) routed the Wolverines (6-3) in Dallas. Nic Moore had 15 points, including back-to-back three-pointers before assisting on consecutive dunks by Tolbert during a 13-2 run late in the first half that put SMU in control. Tolbert was 11-for-12 shooting, including nine dunks. Duncan Robinson and Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman each scored 15 points for Michigan.
• OHIO STATE 74, AIR FORCE 50: Marc Loving had 18 points and 10 rebounds as the Buckeyes (4-4) routed the Falcons (6-3) in Columbus.
• NO. 10 VIRGINIA 70, NO. 14 WEST VIRGINIA 54: Anthony Gill had season highs of 20 points and 12 rebounds, and London Perrantes returned from a two-game absence to score 13 points as the Cavaliers (8-1) beat the Mountaineers (7-1) in the Jimmy V Classic game.
• NO. 17 MIAMI 66, FLORIDA 55: Sheldon McClellan scored 24 points as the host Hurricanes (8-1) overcame an off night offensively with scrappy defense to beat the Gators (6-2).
• NO. 16 BAYLOR 75, NORTHWESTERN STATE 62: Rico Gathers scored a career-high 31 points and grabbed 21 rebounds, as the Bears (7-1) pulled away in the second half in Waco, Texas.