1. NOW YOU SEE HER, by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. (Little, Brown, $27.99.) Nina Bloom, who years ago changed her identity to save her life, is forced to confront the past and the killer she thought she had escaped.
2. SMOKIN' SEVENTEEN, by Janet Evanovich. (Bantam, $28.) A killer is after bounty hunter Stephanie Plum, who faces further complications as she tries to choose a boyfriend.
3. STATE OF WONDER, by Ann Patchett. (Harper/HarperCollins, $26.99.) In the Amazon basin, a medical researcher seeks her former mentor, a despotic scientist who is developing a miracle fertility drug.
4. AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, by Tom Clancy with Peter Telep. (Putnam, $28.95.) Maxwell Moore, a former CIA officer, pursues the terrorists who killed his colleagues in a bomb attack off the coast of Pakistan.
5. ONE SUMMER, by David Baldacci. (Grand Central, $25.99.) After the death of his devoted wife, a father struggles to keep his family together, and in the process learns to love again.
6. THE DEVIL COLONY, by James Rollins. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $27.99.) The discovery of a lost colony reveals a conspiracy from the nation's founding; a Sigma Force novel.
7. SILVER GIRL, by Elin Hilderbrand. (Reagan Arthur/Little, Brown, $26.99.) The wife of a Wall Street crook retreats to Nantucket, where she faces an array of relationship troubles.
8. FOLLY BEACH, by Dorothea Benton Frank. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $25.99.) A widow returns to her childhood home in South Carolina and finds love and a literary puzzle.
9. MAINE, by J. Courtney Sullivan. (Knopf, $25.95.) Three generations of a family's women take guilt, secrets and old wounds on a beach retreat.
10(x). CARTE BLANCHE, by Jeffery Deaver. (Simon & Schuster, $26.99.) A young James Bond, on a global mission for a unit of British security, must foil a plot to kill thousands of citizens.
1. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House, $27.) An Olympic runner's story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II.
2. IN THE GARDEN OF BEASTS, by Erik Larson. (Crown, $26.) This portrait of Berlin during the rise of the Nazi Party concentrates on William E. Dodd, who became the U.S. ambassador to Germany in 1933, and his daughter, Martha.
3. BOSSYPANTS, by Tina Fey. (Reagan Arthur/Little, Brown, $26.99.) A memoir from the former "Saturday Night Live" star and creator of "30 Rock."
4. THE GREATER JOURNEY, by David McCullough. (Simon & Schuster, $37.50.) The historian explores the intellectual legacy that France settled on its 19th-century visitors.
5. THE MIRACLE OF FREEDOM, by Chris Stewart and Ted Stewart. (Shadow Mountain, $28.99.) A claim that historical tipping points helped assure contemporary democracy.
6. DEMONIC, by Ann Coulter. (Crown Forum, $28.99.) The columnist compares the Democratic Party to a mob.
7. RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT, by Gretchen Morgenson and Joshua Rosner. (Times Books/Holt, $30.) This account of 2008's financial crisis highlights responsible individuals.
8(x). SEAL TEAM SIX, by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin. (St. Martin's, $26.99.) An expert sniper and former member of the Navy SEALs recounts his training and missions, including the battle of Mogadishu in 1993.
9. LOST IN SHANGRI-LA, by Mitchell Zuckoff. (Harper/HarperCollins, $26.99.) After a jungle plane crash in the wilds of New Guinea in 1945, three survivors were caught between headhunters and enemy Japanese.
10(x). THROUGH MY EYES, by Tim Tebow with Nathan Whitaker. (HarperCollins, $26.99.) The Broncos quarterback chronicles his life, faith and professional course, from his career at the University of Florida to his rookie season in Denver.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. GO THE ---- TO SLEEP, by Adam Mansbach. Illustrated by Ricardo Cortes. (Akashic Books, $14.95.) A children's book parody for tired parents.
2. THE AGING MYTH, by Joseph Chang. (Aylesbury, $21.95.) Revealing how recent genetic discoveries are challenging traditional anti-aging philosophies and helping people live younger longer.
3. THE 17 DAY DIET, by Mike Moreno. (Free Press, $25.) Four cycles to help you burn fat every day. (b)
4. THE DUKAN DIET, by Pierre Dukan. (Crown Archetype, $26.) A program that rejects calorie counting and assigns protein a major role.
5. CINCH!, by Cynthia Sass. (HarperOne, $25.99.) A diet plan that promises to harness the weight-loss power of certain foods.
Rankings reflect sales for the week that ended July 2 at thousands of venues nationwide. An (x) indicates that a book's sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some bookstores report receiving bulk orders.