Zumwinkle’s four goals carry Breck
• BRECK 7, TOTINO-GRACE 2: Sophomore Grace Zumwinkle had four goals and an assist and freshman Gabrielle Billing had three goals and an assist to lead the Mustangs, ranked No. 3 in Class 1A, to the 1A, Section 5 quarterfinal victory at Parade Ice Gardens over the Eagles on Thursday night. The Mustangs, the No. 2 seed in the section, will play third-seeded Orono in the section semifinals on Tuesday. Orono defeated sixth-seeded Holy Angels, 4-1, on Thursday.
• ELK RIVER/ZIMMERMAN 9, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 0: The top-seeded Elks got goals from nine players in the Class 2A, Section 7 first round.
Hornets roll past Trojans
• EDINA 8, WAYZATA 0: Dylan Malmquist scored twice in the first 10 minutes to spark the Hornets, ranked No. 2 in Class 2A, past the Trojans, ranked No. 8. Matt Masterman also scored two goals for the Hornets.
• BURNSVILLE 9, SHAKOPEE 0: Nine players each scored a goal and Andy Schoen had four assists to fuel the South Suburban victory for the Blaze.
• ROGERS 7, ST. FRANCIS 0: Shane Smith scored four goals to help the Royals past the Saints. Smith, a senior, has 10 points in his past three games.
• ROGERS 73, CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 69: Steffan Musoke scored 21 points to help the Royals outlast the Bluejackets. Collin Terwilliger scored 25 to lead the Bluejackets, who trailed by 15 at halftime.
• EDEN PRAIRIE 65, MINNETONKA 62: Emma Boehm scored 22 points and Esabelle Levine scored 17 to help the Eagles rally for a victory over the Skippers, the fourth-ranked team in Class 4A. Hannah Hedstrom and Courtney Frederickson each scored 13 points for the Skippers, who led by four at halftime.
• The five finalists for the girls’ hockey Senior Goalie of the Year award were announced by Let’s Play Hockey on Thursday. The finalists are: Abby Cooper (Lakeville North), Hannah Goettl (Champlin Park), Frances Marshall (Thief River Falls), Emma May (Cretin-Derham Hall) and Leah Patrick (Hill-Murray). The winner will be announced on Feb. 22 at the Ms. Hockey Awards Banquet.