Dodgers win on balk in ninth
• L.A. DODGERS 1, TEXAS 0: Dodgers pinch-runner Kike Hernandez scored on a two-out balk by Rangers rookie reliever Keone Kela in the ninth inning, giving Los Angeles a walk-off win on Thursday night. Kela was rattled by Hernandez's bluff toward the plate with Jimmy Rollins at bat and was called for the balk.
• TORONTO 7, N.Y. METS 1: Knuckleball pitcher R.A. Dickey pitched into the eighth inning to earn the victory, and Chris Colabello hit a solo homer as the Blue Jays beat the Mets. Dickey won the NL Cy Young Award with the Mets in 2012.
• N.Y. YANKEES 9, MIAMI 4: Brett Gardner and Carlos Beltran each hit two-run homers, in the sixth and seven innings, respectively, as the Yankees pulled away from the visiting Marlins. Alex Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with an RBI, moving within one hit of 3,000 for his career.
• KANSAS CITY 3, MILWAUKEE 2: Alcides Escobar had three hits and scored twice and Jeremy Guthrie pitched six effective innings as the Royals beat the visiting Brewers.
• BOSTON 5, ATLANTA 2: Clay Buchholz pitched seven strong innings and the Red Sox, after benching third baseman Pablo Sandoval, beat the Braves in Atlanta for their second victory in 10 games. Sandoval broke a team rule by using his Instagram account Wednesday night during a loss to the Braves.
• CLEVELAND 4, CHICAGO CUBS 3: Rookie Giovanny Urshela's seventh-inning single drove in the go-ahead run as the host Indians beat the Cubs.
• SAN FRANCISCO 7, SEATTLE 0: Ryan Vogelsong and three relievers combined on a five-hitter to give San Francisco its major league-leading 11th shutout in a victory over the host Mariners.
• PHILADELPHIA 2, BALTIMORE 1: Ryan Howard hit a go-ahead, two-run homer in the sixth inning as the Phillies stopped a nine-game losing streak by beating the visiting Orioles.
• PITTSBURGH 3, CHICAGO WHITE SOX 2: Gerrit Cole became the majors' first 11-game winner when the Pirates beat the White Sox in Chicago to extend their winning streak to eight.
• L.A. ANGELS 7, ARIZONA 1: C.J. Wilson struck out a season-high nine, Taylor Featherston hit his first major league home run and the Angels beat the Diamondbacks in Phoenix.
• SAN DIEGO 3, OAKLAND 1: Derek Norris homered against his former team to lead the Padres over the Athletics and give Pat Murphy his first victory as San Diego's manager. Matt Kemp hit his second home run in three days for the Padres.
• HOUSTON 8, COLORADO 4: Preston Tucker homered and drove in three runs, and pinch hitter Domingo Santana his first homer in the majors to lead the Astros over Rockies in Denver.
• TAMPA BAY 5, WASHINGTON 3: Joey Butler homered for the AL East-leading Rays, who took three of four in the home-and-home series with the Nationals, which ended in Washington. Chris Archer won his fifth consecutive decision. Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper suffered a mild strain in his left hamstring.
Rain postpones Tigers-Reds game
•The Tigers-Reds game in Cincinnati was postponed because of heavy rain. It was not immediately rescheduled.
•Cleveland's Michael Bourn was suspended for one game and fined by MLB for making contact with umpire Phil Cuzzi.