Bauer, Moss take it to Royals
• CLEVELAND 6, KANSAS CITY 2 (8): Brandon Moss hit a two-run homer and the Indians defeated the host Royals on Thursday in a game called in the eighth inning because of rain. Trevor Bauer (5-2) gave up only a two-run homer by Lorenzo Cain over six innings. The Indians pounded away against Chris Young (4-2) over the first five innings. They sent eight batters to the plate during a four-run third inning, and Moss added his second homer of the series with nobody out in the fifth.
• BALTIMORE 3, HOUSTON 2: Adam Jones had three hits, including a solo homer in the eighth inning that lifted the Orioles in Houston. Jones has five hits in his last two games following a 0-for-12 slump. Wei-Yin Chen yielded two runs and five hits in 6 ⅓ innings with a season-high nine strikeouts. Hank Conger had a home run and a double for the Astros.
• TEXAS 2, CHICAGO 1 (11): Shin-Soo Choo's winning single beat the visiting White Sox's defensive shift in the 11th. Choo grounded the ball to the right of Chicago shortstop Alexei Ramirez, who was shifted toward second base. White Sox rookie lefthander Carlos Rodon struck out a career-high 10 batters in six innings and gave up one run and five hits.
• TAMPA BAY 2, SEATTLE 1: Erasmo Ramirez (4-2) gave the visiting Rays 5 ⅓ innings of one-run ball, and Jake Elmore had the game-winning fielder's choice in the fourth. Roenis Elias (2-3) countered with eight innings of two-run ball for the Mariners.
DeSclafani serves as Reds' stopper
• CINCINNATI 6, PHILADELPHIA 4: Anthony DeSclafani threw seven effective innings, Brandon Phillips had three hits and two RBI and the Reds avoided a sweep in Philadelphia. DeSclafani (4-4) allowed four runs and six hits. Aaron Harang (4-6) had his worst start with the Phillies, allowing a season-high six runs — five earned — and six hits with five walks in 5 ⅔ innings.
• CHICAGO 2, WASHINGTON 1: Jake Arrieta pitched six strong innings, and the Cubs made a pair of first-inning runs hold up against the host Nationals. Bryce Harper drove in a run with a sixth-inning groundout, snapping an 18-inning scoreless streak for Washington, which has lost six of seven. Gio Gonzalez (4-3) allowed two runs on four hits over six innings.
• NEW YORK 6, ARIZONA 2: Matt Harvey pitched seven strong innings, Kevin Plawecki hit a go-ahead two-run double and the Mets defeated the host Diamondbacks.
• A cousin of New York Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez who was the star's longtime personal assistant has been sentenced to seven months in prison after pleading guilty on federal drug charges stemming from baseball's South Florida steroids scandal. A Miami federal judge also sentenced 53-year-old Yuri Sucart to serve six months of house arrest after his release from prison. He could later be deported to his native Dominican Republic.
• The Diamondbacks placed righthander Archie Bradley on the 15-day disabled list with shoulder tendinitis. Bradley has struggled since returning from a sinus fracture caused by a line drive that hit him in the face on April 28.