Louisville guard is reinstated
Louisville coach Rick Pitino ended Chris Jones' suspension for violating unspecified team rules, saying the senior point guard had met conditions for reinstatement. Jones missed one game, Louisville's 69-59 loss at Syracuse on Wednesday. He leads the No. 12 Cardinals in assists per game and is third in scoring.
• SMU ENDS TEMPLE'S WIN STREAK: No. 21 SMU (22-5, 13-2 AAC) rallied from 10 points down in the second half to beat visiting Temple (19-8, 10-4) 67-58, ending the Owls' seven-game winning streak.
• DAYTON GETS 20TH VICTORY: Dyshawn Pierre had 15 points, 10 rebounds and six assists as Dayton (20-5, 10-3 Atlantic 10) earned its 20th win of the season, 68-64 over Saint Joseph's (11-14, 5-8). The Flyers improved their home winning streak to 19.
• NDSU PREVAILS: Lawrence Alexander scored 17 points, A.J. Jacobson added 16 and host North Dakota State pulled away in the second half for a 57-48 win over IUPUI. The Bison (19-8, 11-3 Summit) erased an early eight-point deficit to lead 24-22 at the half but didn't put the game away until the closing minutes. The final score was the largest difference in the game.
• GEORGIA TECH GUARD SUSPENDED: Georgia Tech guard Chris Bolden was suspended for the remainder of the regular season and one game in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament for violating team rules. Bolden has started 11 games and is averaging 6.9 points per game.
Loyd helps Notre Dame avoid uspet
Jewell Loyd scored 31 points, including 23 in the second half, and No. 4 Notre Dame (25-2, 12-1 ACC) survived a scare to beat host Georgia Tech (14-13, 4-9) 71-61 for its 11th straight win. "I think Jewell Loyd showed why she is the best player in the country and the best player in the conference," Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw said. "What a phenomenal performance." It was Loyd's fourth 30-point game of the season and seventh of her career. Each total is a school record. The final margin was the only double-digit lead of the game. The score was tied at 51 with 11 minutes remaining.
• WINNING WAYS: Florida Gulf Coast (24-2, 11-0) celebrated its first game ever as a Top 25 team with its 19th straight win, 71-60 over host Kennesaw State. The Eagles clinched their fifth straight league Atlantic Sun title with their 20th straight conference win. ... No. 23 James Madison (23-2, 14-0 Colonial Athletic Association) won its 14th consecutive game, beating visiting North Carolina-Wilmington 85-49.