Norris' Detroit debut is a dandy
• DETROIT 6, BALTIMORE 1: Daniel Norris took a three-hitter into the eighth inning in his Tigers debut, J.D. Martinez hit a three-run homer and Detroit earned a split of the four-game series against the host Orioles on Sunday. Norris (2-1) was obtained by the Tigers on Thursday in the deal that sent David Price to Toronto. Making his seventh career start, the 22-year-old Norris provided a glimpse of his potential by beating a contender that had won seven of its previous eight games.
• NEW YORK 12, CHICAGO 3: Jacoby Ellsbury and Mark Teixeira homered against Jeff Samardzija, and the Yankees pounded the host White Sox. Stephen Drew added three hits and four RBI.
• TAMPA BAY 4, BOSTON 3: Asdrubal Cabrera had a tying RBI double and scored on James Loney's single in the eighth inning, helping the Rays avoid a three-game sweep by the host Red Sox.
• OAKLAND 2, CLEVELAND 1 (10): Mark Canha's two-out double in the 10th inning lifted the host Athletics over the Indians.
Homers carry Mets past Nationals
•NEW YORK 5, WASHINGTON 2: The host Mets pulled within percentage points of a first-place tie with the Nationals in the East. Curtis Granderson, Daniel Murphy and streaking Lucas Duda homered in a span of five pitches and winning pitcher Noah Syndergaard (6-5) struck out nine over eight innings as the Mets completed their first three-game sweep of Washington since May 2009 and boldly pronounced themselves legitimate playoff contenders.
• PITTSBURGH 3, CINCINNATI 0: Neil Walker hit a review-aided home run and the Pirates beat the host Reds a game in which benches cleared after All-Stars Andrew McCutchen and Brandon Phillips were hit by pitches.
• CHICAGO 4, MILWAUKEE 3: Hector Rondon nearly squandered a three-run lead, and rookie Kris Bryant got hurt in the Cubs' victory that completed a four-game sweep of the host Brewers.
• ST. LOUIS 3, COLORADO 2: Brandon Moss had his first big hit with his new team, a walk-off single in the ninth inning, and Randal Grichuk had a two-run homer to lead the Cardinals.
• ATLANTA 6, PHILADELPHIA 2: Jace Peterson had three hits, including a three-run homer, and Julio Teheran pitched seven innings as the visiting Braves ended a six-game losing streak.
• MIAMI 5, SAN DIEGO 2: Adeiny Hechavarria's three-run home run with one out in the ninth inning boosted the host Marlins.
Ethier's dramatics save Dodgers
• L.A. DODGERS 5, L.A. ANGELS 4 (10): Andre Ethier hit his second dramatic home run in three innings, a two-run shot in the 10th, and Howie Kendrick also homered to lead the host Dodgers to a three-game Freeway Series sweep of the sputtering Angels.
• TEXAS 2, SAN FRANCISCO 1: Josh Hamilton hit a two-run homer and Martin Perez gave up only two hits to earn his first victory in his comeback from Tommy John surgery.
• HOUSTON 4, ARIZONA 1: Collin McHugh threw seven solid innings, and Carlos Gomez delivered a two-run, go-ahead single to lead the Astros.