Orioles rally after blowing big lead
• BALTIMORE 13, TORONTO 9: J.J. Hardy drove in the tying run with a single in the seventh inning, then hit a go-ahead single in a four-run ninth as the Orioles recovered after blowing a seven-run lead to beat the host Blue Jays on Sunday. Jimmy Paredes hit a three-run homer and Chris Davis added a solo shot among 16 hits for the Orioles, who are 13-4 since June 4. “The ball was flying,” Hardy said. “Luckily we came out on top in the end.” Davis and pinch hitter Nolan Reimold drew consecutive walks against Brett Cecil with one out in the ninth before Hardy grounded an RBI single to center that eluded shortstop Jose Reyes, who thought second baseman Munenori Kawasaki was going to make the play. “I got a little bit confused,” Reyes said.
• CHICAGO 3, TEXAS 2 (11): Gordon Beckham led off the bottom of the 11th inning with a homer and Melky Cabrera went 5-for-5 as the White Sox beat the Rangers for the second day in a row. Jake Petricka got Hanser Alberto to ground into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded in the top of the 11th before Beckham homered off Alex Claudio.
• CLEVELAND 1, TAMPA BAY 0: Roberto Perez slid home with the winning run on David Murphy’s bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the ninth inning, and the host Indians defeated the Rays. Center fielder Kevin Kiermaier made a strong throw home on one bounce, but catcher Curt Casali couldn’t come up with the ball.
• OAKLAND 3, LOS ANGELES 2: Scott Kazmir pitched into the eighth inning and the host Athletics withstood another home run by the Angels’ Albert Pujols, whose AL-leading 21st homer tied Tim Salmon’s team record with 13 home runs in June.
• BOSTON 13, KANSAS CITY 2: The Red Sox banged out 13 extra-base hits against the Royals, including home runs by David Ortiz, Hanley Ramirez and Mookie Betts, all off Chris Young.
• HOUSTON 6, SEATTLE 2: Colby Rasmus and George Springer each homered to lead the Astros over the host Mariners.
Nationals jump out early
• WASHINGTON 9, PITTSBURGH 2: Bryce Harper and Yunel Escobar homered during a nine-run burst in the first inning, leading the host Nationals to a sweep of the Pirates, who arrived at Nationals Park with an eight-game winning streak.
• PHILADELPHIA 9, ST. LOUIS 2: Adam Morgan won his major league debut in surprising style, outpitching Michael Wacha and leading the host Phillies past the Cardinals. Morgan, a 25-year-old lefthander, is 0-6 in 13 starts at Class AAA this year.
• ATLANTA 1, NEW YORK 0: Julio Teheran gave up only one hit in seven innings, pinch hitter Pedro Ciriaco had an RBI single and the Braves swept the host Mets, losers of five in a row.
• LOS ANGELES 10, SAN FRANCISCO 2: Yasmani Grandal homered twice, Adrian Gonzalez also homered and the host Dodgers roughed up Tim Lincecum and beat the Giants.
• COLORADO 10, MILWAUKEE 4: Charlie Blackmon had four RBI, Troy Tulowitzki added three and the host Rockies battered Matt Garza in handing the Brewers their eighth loss in nine games.
• ARIZONA 7, SAN DIEGO 2: A.J. Pollock and Paul Goldschmidt each singled home a pair in a seven-run second inning as the host Diamondbacks beat the Padres.
• CINCINNATI 5, MIAMI 2: Todd Frazier and Jay Bruce hit two-run homers as the Reds beat the Marlins in Cincinnati.