Ohio State pair combine for 74 points
• NO. 5 OHIO STATE 117, ILLINOIS 74: Ameryst Alston was nearly perfect in scoring 39 points and Kelsey Mitchell was right behind with 35 as the host Buckeyes (23-4, 15-1 Big Ten) routed the Illini (9-18, 2-14) in a record-setting game Sunday. Mitchell made 11 of 14 shots, including eight of nine from three-point range before sitting out the final quarter. Alston, a senior playing her final game at home, made 15 of 24 shooting. She had five of the Buckeyes' 16 three-pointers as Ohio State — which visits Williams Arena to play the Gophers on Wednesday — set a record for points at Value City Arena and came up two points short of equaling the program record for points in a game.
• NO. 6 MARYLAND 73, RUTGERS 59: Shatori Walker-Kimbrough scored 22 points and Brionna Jones added 14 points and 11 rebounds as the Terrapins (24-3, 13-2) stayed 1½ games behind first-place Ohio State by beating the host Scarlet Knights (16-12, 7-9).
• IOWA 76, INDIANA 73: Ally Disterhoft scored 19 points, including two free throws with 15 seconds left, and the Hawkeyes (17-11, 7-9) held off the Hoosiers (18-10, 10-6). Indiana's Tyra Buss missed a three in the final seconds.
• LOUISIANA STATE 57, NO. 24 TENNESSEE 56: The Lady Vols' streak of 565 consecutive weeks in the Associated Press poll is in jeopardy. Alexis Hyder scored 17 points, including two free throws with 3.4 seconds left, for the host Lady Tigers (9-18, 3-11 SEC). Tennessee's Mercedes Russell missed two free throws with 4.5 seconds left and Hyder was inadvertently fouled after grabbing the rebound. Tennessee (16-11, 7-7), playing for the third time in seven days, has been ranked in the AP poll dating to Feb. 17, 1985.
• NO. 7 OREGON STATE 64, NO. 12 UCLA 54: Jamie Weisner had 25 points and 14 rebounds as the host Beavers (24-3, 15-1 Pac-12) tied a school record with their 14th consecutive victory, beating the Bruins (19-7, 11-4).