Gamecocks survive after gaffe
• NO. 2 SOUTH CAROLINA 59, NO. 15 TEXAS A&M 58: Khadijah Sessions hit a free throw with 0.9 seconds left after an inexplicable foul Sunday, preserving a perfect record for the host Gamecocks (17-0, 5-0 SEC). The Aggies (13-5, 3-2) had tied the score on an 80-foot baseball-style pass from Taylor Cooper to Chelsea Jennings with a second left before Shlonte Allen — a backup guard who entered after starter Jordan Jones fouled out moments earlier — grabbed Sessions on the ensuing inbounds pass. Sessions missed her first try but made the second. "I'll take the blame because that was basically her first play of the game," A&M coach Gary Blair said of Allen.
• NO. 6 BAYLOR 80, NO. 4 TEXAS 67: Alexis Jones scored 29 points and the Lady Bears (18-1, 5-1 Big 12) earned their 12th consecutive victory in their tense rivalry with the host Longhorns (16-1, 5-1).
• NO. 12 OREGON STATE 58, NO. 11 STANFORD 50: Deven Hunter had 19 points and 12 rebounds and the host Beavers (14-3, 5-1 Pac-12) rallied from 15 points down in the third quarter to beat the Cardinal (14-4, 4-2).
• NO. 5 OHIO STATE 90, PURDUE 70: Kelsey Mitchell scored 27 points and Ameryst Alston added 25 as the host Buckeyes (13-4, 5-1) ended the nine-game winning streak of the Boilermakers (14-3, 5-1).
• NO. 8 MARYLAND 80, NORTHWESTERN 62: Kristen Confroy hit three-pointers and had 24 points and 10 rebounds as the host Terrapins (16-2, 5-1) beat the Wildcats (13-5, 2-4).
• UTAH 59, OREGON STATE 53: The Beavers' Jarmal Reid tripped a referee and was ejected with 2:56 to play, starting a winning rally for the host Utes. After falling to the floor with the score tied 52-52, Reid complained there was no foul, and while getting up it appeared that he made eye contact with referee Tommy Nunez and stuck his right leg out. Reid was assessed a Flagrant 2, and Brandon Taylor made a free throw for the Utes' first lead of the game. Oregon State coach Wayne Tinkle said he didn't see the play, but Reid "swore he didn't do anything."
• FLORIDA STATE 69, NO. 13 VIRGINIA 62: Dwayne Bacon scored 18 points and the Seminoles (12-5, 2-3 ACC) dropped the Cavaliers (13-4, 2-3) to 0-3 in ACC road games.
• CREIGHTON 91, DEPAUL 80: Benilde-St. Margaret's product Isaiah Zierden scored a career-high 31 points as the Bluejays (13-6, 4-2 Big East) beat the host Blue Demons (6-12, 0-6).NEWS SERVICES