Read more of this blog at startribune.com/local/blogs.
St. Paul officials announced Monday that crews are renewing work to resurface, rebuild or redesign the city's remaining "Terrible 20" arterial roads in 2015 and into 2016.
Mayor Chris Coleman included $54 million in his 2015 budget for street repair and transportation upgrades. A major piece of that is the reconstruction of 3rd Street, from N. Arcade Street to Johnson Parkway. In addition, crews will replace the top layer of pavement on:
• Homer and Rankin streets, from 7th Street to Shepard Road
• Front Street, from Dale Street to Western Avenue
• Summit Avenue, from Ramsey Street to Selby Avenue
• Earl Street, from Maryland Avenue to York Avenue
• Oakdale Avenue, from State Street to Annapolis Street