Vikings AT Atlanta
The Georgia Dome
TV: Ch. 9
Radio: 100.3-FM, 1130-AM
About the Falcons (6-4)
• Atlanta started 5-0 but is 1-4 since and has lost three in a row by a total of seven points.
• During the 1-4 stretch the Falcons have fumbled 10 times (losing four) and been intercepted six times.
• They are one of two teams (Arizona is the other) to rank in the top 10 in offense (fourth) and defense (10th, and first against the run).
• RB Devonta Freeman has 764 rushing yards, 48 receptions and nine TDs, but suffered a concussion in Sunday’s loss to the Colts.
• WR Julio Jones already has 89 receptions for 1,189 yards (both lead the NFL) and six TDs.
Player speak QB Matt Ryan
• Ryan has thrown 15 TD passes with 10 interceptions and has an 89.6 QB rating.
• On Jones: “Julio has always been unbelievable. Just an incredibly talented player who works extremely hard and is consistent week in and week out.”
• On Freeman: “He plays really, really hard, and just has a real knack for the game.”
• On the 1-4 stretch: “We’ve moved the ball really well and done a lot of good things on offense, but we’ve turned it over too much, and that’s something we have to correct.”
Coach Speak Dan Quinn
• Quinn, 45, is in his first season as Falcons coach after being defensive coordinator the past two seasons for a Seattle team that won and lost a Super Bowl.
• He broke into the NFL as 49ers QB coach in 2001, and was an assistant with the Dolphins, Jets and Seahawks before a stint as the University of Florida’s defensive coordinator (2011-12).
• On turnover woes: “Our big Achilles’ heel is when we’ve not just owned the ball exactly like we want and go after it on defense. That philosophy about ‘being about the ball,’ we’ve got to live that.”
• On his smooth (5-0) start as a head coach: “I got a chance to see the connection that this team has, how close they are and how hard they want to play. You are usually pretty good in the locker room first.”