Royals edge White Sox
• KANSAS CITY 7, CHICAGO 6: Kendrys Morales and Salvador Perez each drove in two runs and the Royals overcame Jose Abreu's two home runs to beat the visiting White Sox on Saturday night. Morales and Perez had back-to-back RBI doubles with two outs in a four-run fifth.
• OAKLAND 2, HOUSTON 1: Danny Valencia delivered an early two-run double and righthander Jesse Chavez threw seven impressive innings to lead the host A's over the Astros. Valencia, the former Twin, is 5-for-12 with three RBI in three games since the A's acquired him off waivers from the Blue Jays on Monday. Chavez allowed an earned run and six hits in his first victory since July 19.
• TEXAS 11, SEATTLE 3 (11): The Rangers scored eight runs in the 11th inning, including two on Prince Fielder's homer, to beat the Mariners in Seattle. Texas opened its big inning with seven consecutive hits.
• DETROIT 7, BOSTON 6: Victor Martinez hit a two-run homer in the seventh inning and the Tigers held off David Ortiz and the visiting Red Sox after that. Ortiz had three hits, including a home run in the sixth. His two-run single in the seventh gave Boston a 6-5 lead.
Bryant's bat keeps Cubs hot
• CHICAGO 8, SAN FRANCISCO 6: Kris Bryant homered and drove in three runs to help the surging Cubs beat the Giants. Bryant's big day powered Chicago to its third straight win and ninth in 10 games. He also walked and scored on Miguel Montero's tiebreaking single in the fifth inning.
• PITTSBURGH 6, LOS ANGELES 5: Lefthander Francisco Liriano hit the first home run of his 10-year career and Andrew McCutchen went 3-for-3 as the host Pirates held on to beat the Dodgers. Liriano hit a three-run shot in the second inning in his 160th career at-bat to put the Pirates ahead 4-2. The former Twin gave up four runs in three innings.
• WASHINGTON 6, COLORADO 1: Stephen Strasburg struck out 12 in seven innings in his return to the mound and contributing three hits as the Nationals beat the visiting Rockies. The righthander had been on the disabled list (left oblique strain) since July 4th.
• ST. LOUIS 3, MILWAUKEE 0: Matt Carpenter hit a leadoff home run, Jaime Garcia pitched two-hit ball for seven innings and the Cardinals made it three straight shutout victories over the host Brewers.
• ATLANTA 7, MIAMI 2: Rookie Mike Foltynewicz won for the first time in three starts since returning to the Braves rotation as Atlanta downed the slumping Marlins. Foltynewicz allowed two runs and five hits in 5⅔ innings.
Mets' seven-game win streak ends
• TAMPA BAY 5, N.Y. METS 4: Grady Sizemore and Kevin Kiermaier each drove in two runs to erase an early deficit as the host Rays stopped the NL East-leading Mets' seven-game winning streak.