Stray throw knocks out Cano
• LOS ANGELES 4, SEATTLE 2: Mariners star Robinson Cano was hit in the head by a stray ball while the host Angels were warming up in between innings and exited early Saturday. Cano had a sizable welt near his left temple after being struck in the dugout when an errant throw got past Angels first baseman Albert Pujols before the seventh inning. No signs of a concussion were found. Garrett Richards (8-5) pitched into the eighth inning and Kole Calhoun hit a two-run homer for Los Angeles.
• NEW YORK 9, HOUSTON 6: Brian McCann hit a grand slam and Mark Teixeira had a tiebreaking two-run double off Pat Neshek in the eighth after the Yankees squandered a six-run lead against the host Astros. Houston starter Brett Oberholtzer was ejected with one out in the second inning for throwing at Alex Rodriguez.
• KANSAS CITY 3, OAKLAND 2: Chris Young bounced back from his worst start of the season to pitch six innings, and the Royals beat the Athletics. Kendrys Morales hit a two-run single in the Royals sixth off Scott Kazmir that erased a 2-1 deficit.
• TEXAS 4, TORONTO 0: Yovani Gallardo extended his scoreless streak to a career-high 23 innings by pitching three-hit ball into the ninth, and the Rangers ended a six-game skid by beating the host Blue Jays.
• TAMPA BAY 4, BOSTON 1: Matt Andriese and three relievers combined on a three-hitter, Jake Elmore hit a two-run homer and the Rays beat the Red Sox in St. Petersburg, Fla.
McCutchen forced out, too
• PITTSBURGH 8, ATLANTA 4: Pirates star Andrew McCutchen was hit in the left elbow by a pitch and exited during a five-run first inning, but host Pittsburgh still sent the Braves to a fifth consecutive loss. X-rays on McCutchen were negative and the 2013 NL MVP will be re-evaluated Sunday.
• ST. LOUIS 8, CHICAGO 1: Michael Wacha pitched six solid innings, and the host Cardinals beat the Cubs to become the first major league team with 50 wins. St. Louis has won five games in a row.
• SAN FRANCISCO 7, COLORADO 5: Buster Posey drove in two runs, and Andrew Susac had a three-run double in the seventh inning to rally the host Giants to victory over the Rockies.
• MIAMI 3, LOS ANGELES 2: Tom Koehler pitched seven innings, and the host Marlins won their first game without Giancarlo Stanton by beating Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers.
• Three games were rained out Saturday, and Cincinnati’s game vs. the Mets in New York was suspended by rain after six innings with the score tied 1-1.