Michigan’s title hopes end in loss
• MICHIGAN STATE 2, MICHIGAN 1: Jake Hildebrand stopped 37 shots and Matt DeBlouw scored the game-winning goal 29 seconds into the third period as the Spartans (17-15-2, 11-7-2-2 Big Ten) won to, as it turned out, clinch second place in the conference race and keep the No. 19 Wolverines (20-15, 11-9) from finishing in a tie for the title. Michigan, after beating the Spartans 5-3 on Friday at their place, couldn’t win back in Ann Arbor despite a 38-19 advantage in shots on goal. Zach Werenski scored Michigan’s goal.
• OHIO STATE 2, WISCONSIN 0: Tyler Lundey and Matthew Weis scored goals and Matt Tomkins made 17 saves as the visiting Buckeyes (13-18-3, 8-11-1-1) won over the Badgers (4-25-5, 2-15-3-2).
• NORTH DAKOTA 3, COLORADO COLLEGE 2: Connor Mattson Gaarder’s goal with 1:22 to play gave No. 1 UND (27-7-3) a sweep of the Tigers (6-26-3) in their best-of-three series. Jordan Schmaltz and Brendan O’Donnell had the other goals for North Dakota. Colorado College had a 33-31 edge in shots on goals and took a 1-0 lead when Teemu Kivihalme scored late in the first period.
• ST. CLOUD STATE 3, OMAHA 1: The Huskies (18-17-1) scored a goal in every period in sweeping the Mavericks (18-12-6) on the road. David Morley, the hero of Friday’s two-overtime win, staked SCSU to a 1-0 lead. Nick Oliver got the winner in the middle of the second and Joey Benik scored late in the third. Grant Gallo had a power-play goal for Omaha.
• MINN. ST. MANKATO 4, LAKE SUPERIOR STATE 2: Dylan Margonari scored two goals and Brad McClure got the game-winner on a power play early in the third as the No. 2 Mavericks (27-7-3) swept the visiting Lakers (8-28-2).