the notable and unranked
NDSU downs SDSU again
• NORTH DAKOTA STATE 28, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 7: Carson Wentz threw one touchdown and ran for another and the Bison (3-1, 1-1 Missouri Valley) beat the Jackrabbits (3-1, 0-1) for the eighth time in a row. Wentz was 19 of 27 for 183 yards passing. A record crowd of 17,348 was on hand at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.
other Area FCS
• Youngstown State 31, SOUTH DAKOTA 3: The host Coyotes (2-2, 0-1 Missouri Valley) trailed 17-0 at halftime, and quarterback Ryan Saeger completed just nine of 25 passes for 119 yards.
• NORTH DAKOTA 19, PORTLAND STATE 17: Reid Taubenheim kicked four field goals for visiting North Dakota (4-1, 2-0 Big Sky). Quarterback Keaton Studsrud ran for 107 yards and scored UND's only touchdown.
• NORTH CAROLINA 38, GEORGIA TECH 31: Quinshad Davis threw a 37-yard touchdown pass to quarterback Marquise Williams, capping North Carolina's comeback from a three-touchdown deficit, and the Tar Heels (4-1, 1-0 ACC) beat Georgia Tech (2-3, 0-2).
• DUKE 9, BOSTON COLLEGE 7: The host Blue Devils improved to 2-0 in ACC play for only the third time in the last 34 years. Duke also has started 4-1 or better through five games in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1962-65. It beat the Eagles (3-2, 0-2) despite just 33 yards on 35 rushing attempts.
• MISSOURI 24, SOUTH CAROLINA 10: Host Missouri (4-1, 1-1) defeated South Carolina (2-3, 0-3) in the first game in SEC history to feature a pair of true freshmen starting quarterbacks: Drew Lock for the Tigers and Lorenzo Nunez for the Gamecocks.
• ARKANSAS 24, TENNESSEE 20: Alex Collins rushed for 154 yards and two touchdowns as the Razorbacks (2-3, 1-1 SEC) defeated the host Volunteers (2-3, 0-2). Arkansas entered the night having lost its past 10 games decided by seven points or fewer.
• IOWA STATE 38, KANSAS 13: Mike Warren set an Iowa State freshman record with 175 yards rushing and scored two TDs and the host Cyclones (2-2, 1-0 Big 12) began conference play with a victory for the first time since 2002.
• NAVY 33, AIR FORCE 11: Quarterback Keenan Reynolds ran for 117 of his 183 yards in the first half for the host Midshipmen (4-0).
• Greg Ward Jr., QB, Houston: Broke the school record for rushing yards by a quarterback (182) in a 38-24 victory over Tulsa.
• Brandon Doughty, QB, Western Kentucky: Completed 28 of 38 passes for 409 yards and four first-half touchdowns in a 49-10 win over Rice.
• Peyton Barber, RB, Auburn: Ran for 147 yards and five touchdowns in a 35-21 win over San Jose State.
• Aaron Golub, Tulane: Snapped on an extra point after the Green Wave's final touchdown in a 45-31 victory over Central Florida to become the first legally blind person to play in a Division I game, according to the school.