Cornhuskers beat Vols for 3rd
• NEBRASKA 82, TENNESSEE 71: Tai Webster scored 18 points and Andrew White III had all of his 15 in the second half as the Cornhuskers (5-2) beat the Volunteers (4-3) on Saturday in the third-place game of the Barclays Center Classic in New York.
• PENN STATE 62, BUCKNELL 58: Brandon Taylor scored 19 points and the Nittany Lions (3-2) overcame an eight-point deficit over the final 5:30 to beat the visiting Bison (3-3).
• PROVIDENCE 69, NO. 11 ARIZONA 65: Kris Dunn hit the go-ahead jumper with 26.9 seconds to go, followed that with a breakaway dunk for the last of his 20 points and the Friars (6-0) beat the Wildcats (5-1) in the Wooden Legacy semifinals in Fullerton, Calif. The Friars will play No. 3 Michigan State (6-0) in the title game Sunday night.
• NO. 24 CINCINNATI 61, GEORGE WASHINGTON 56: Troy Caupain scored 16 points, including the go-ahead three-point play with 1:38 to play, as the Bearcats beat the Colonials in the championship game of the Barclays Center Classic.
• DAVIDSON COACH WINS 500TH: Davidson beat visiting Denison 83-70 to give Bob McKillop his 500th victory. He is 500-300 in 27 years, all at Davidson.
• NO. 11 OHIO STATE 95, NO. 10 TEXAS A&M 80: Kelsey Mitchell matched the Buckeyes' single-game scoring record with 42 points in a win over the Aggies (5-1) in the final game of the South Point Thanksgiving Shootout in Las Vegas. Ameryst Alston added 21 points to help give OSU coach Kevin McGuff his 300th victory.
• NO. 1 CONNECTICUT 88, NEBRASKA 46: Breanna Stewart had 25 points and 10 rebounds to lead top-ranked UConn (3-0) to its 40th consecutive victory, a rout over the visiting Cornhuskers. Rachel Theriot had 12 points and six assists for Nebraska (4-1).
• NO. 25 IOWA 64, HOUSTON 50: Ally Disterhoft had 15 points to lead the Hawkeyes (6-1) over Houston in the Lone Star Showcase in Cedar Park, Texas.
• NO. 3 NOTRE DAME 92, UCLA 84 (OT): Madison Cable scored 22 points and Marina Mabrey added 18 to help the Irish (6-0) beat the Bruins (3-2) in the Junkanoo Jam championship game in Freeport, Bahamas.
• NO. 2 SOUTH CAROLINA 60, NO. 16 ARIZONA ST. 58: A'ja Wilson made two free throws with six-tenths of a seconds left to give the Gamecocks a win over the Wildcats on Friday in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown.