big ten roundup
Spartans approach program's best start
• NO. 1 MICHIGAN STATE 58, FLORIDA 52: Denzel Velentine scored 17 points for the host Spartans (11-0), who moved one win away from matching the program's best start. Only the 2000-01 Spartans had a better start, winning their first 12. Dorian Finney-Smith and Kasey Hill had 13 points each for Florida (6-3).
• UCONN 95, OHIO STATE 75: Having lost three of their past four games, the host Huskies (6-3) assumed a 21-point halftime lead en route to the rout of the Buckeyes (4-5), who shot just 35.7 percent from the field.
• NO. 6 MARYLAND 77, MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE 56: The host Terrapins (9-1) held a 35-29 halftime lead but opened the second half on a 27-11 run to put away the Hawks (1-9).
• NO. 11 PURDUE 95, YOUNGSTOWN 64: Assisting on 26 of their 33 field goals, the host Boilermakers (11-0) had nine players score five or more points in their victory over the Penguins (4-6).
• PENN STATE 54, LOUISIANA MONROE 50: A 23-13 run to end the game allowed the host Nittany Lions to extend the Warhawks' eight-year run without beating a power five conference team for at least another day. Travis Munnings had a double-double (22 points, 10 rebounds) for the Warhawks (4-4).
• MICHIGAN 80, DELAWARE STATE 33: The Wolverines defense limited the visiting Hornets (0-9) to just 24 percent from the field while the offense featured six players in double figures. The host Wolverines (7-3) allowed just one field goal in the first 18 minutes of the second half.