ROCHESTER – Rochester police are investigating the deaths of two people from apparent drug overdoses in separate incidents.
Police say a 35-year-old woman was found around 4 p.m. Monday in her apartment after neighbors complained of a foul odor.
The Post-Bulletin reported the woman had been dead for several days. Police said drug paraphernalia, including syringes, was found at the scene.
About three hours later, Apache Mall security on a routine check discovered a 25-year-old man, believed to be from Chatfield, Minn., dead in a bathroom stall.
Police Capt. John Sherwin says syringes were found nearby. Sherwin says authorities don't know "if there's a bad batch of drugs out there." He says to find two overdose deaths in one day "is unusual."
It could take several weeks before the cause of death is determined.