A massive fire engulfed cooking show star Rachael Ray's New York home, authorities said.

Firefighters responded to Ray's home in Lake Luzerne, N.Y., on Sunday evening, KRQE-TV reported. Photos showed flames bursting through the roof and plumes of smoke extending into the sky.

Ray's representative Charlie Dougiello told USA TODAY that Ray, her husband and dog were safe, but that the extent of damage was not yet clear. Since April, Ray has been filming "#STAYHOME With Rachael" two days a week from her home. Her husband, John Cusimano, has been the show's cameraman, producer, cocktail maker and musical guest. Amid the pandemic, Ray's organization donated $4 million to several charities including food banks, relief funds for laid-off restaurant workers and animal rescue work.

Domingo vows to clear his name

Plácido Domingo returned to Europe to receive a lifetime achievement award from the Austria Music Theater after recovering from COVID-19, vowing to clear his name from allegations of sexual misconduct. "It is a true honor to be here," he said. "In these past months of lockdown, we have known our fragility. Our theaters across the world have been closed and silenced. But it is precisely in these times we discover our inner strength and resolve.'' Earlier, Domingo, 79, told La Repubblica that his illness made him "no longer afraid to speak out'' about the allegations that virtually ended his career. "I promised myself that if I came out alive, I would fight to clear my name,'' he said. "I never abused anyone. I will repeat that as long as I live." Investigations by the American Guild of Musical Artists and LA Opera found allegations of sexual misconduct against Domingo to be credible. Domingo said an apology issued after AGMA's investigation had been widely misinterpreted as an admission of guilt.

sick: Antonio Banderas says he's tested positive for COVID-19 and is celebrating his 60th birthday in quarantine. The Spanish actor announced his positive test in a post Monday on Instagram. Banderas said he would spend his time in isolation reading, writing and "making plans to begin to give meaning to my 60th year to which I arrive full of enthusiasm." He said, "I am relatively well, just a little more tired than usual and hoping to recover as soon as possible."

Suing: Comedian Andy Dick has filed a lawsuit in New Orleans against the man who punched him last year outside a French Quarter nightclub. Dick, 54, said the punch by David Hale, 47, caused "serious, permanent and disabling injuries." He seeks compensation for medical expenses and lost wages, among other damages. "The entire suit is ridiculous," Hale's attorney, Michael Kennedy, said.

News Services