The New Orleans Saints ruled our receivers Michael Thomas and Marquez Callaway for Sunday's game in Chicago.
New Orleans also has listed former Vikings guard Nick Easton out for a second straight game because of a concussion.
Thomas, named AP 2019 Offensive Player of the Year after setting an NFL record with 149 catches in a season, is missing his sixth straight game because of a two separate injuries sandwiches around a one-game suspension.
He has not played since injuring his ankle in the season opener, when he had three catches for 17 yards.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick doesn't expect a surgical procedure that Julian Edelman underwent on his ailing knee this week will keep the receiver sidelined for the rest of the season.
But it will at a minimum keep Edelman off the field Sunday when the Patriots visit AFC East-leading Buffalo (5-2), leaving New England (2-4) down one of its best playmakers as it tries to stop a three-game losing streak.
• Ravens All-Pro left tackle Ronnie Stanley signed a five-year extension that will keep him in Baltimore through the 2025 season.
• The NFL said that the Chargers' game at Denver this weekend isn't in jeopardy after players on both teams tested positive for the novel coronavirus. "No, it is not. There's no change to the status of the game," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said. "There have been 70-plus instances of a team having a player or players who test positive. The player is isolated and we conduct contact tracing to ensure to mitigate any risk of potential spread among the team."
• The Jets are likely to be without their top two wide receivers when they play the Chiefs in Kansas City on Sunday.
Breshad Perriman remains in concussion protocol and Jamison Crowder also appears unlikely to play because of a groin injury that also kept him out last week.
• The Raiders activated right tackle Trent Brown from the COVID-19 list and could have him available a week after he missed a game because of a positive coronavirus test.
• The Chargers are likely to be down to their third string players at right guard and right tackle because of injuries and because two linemen were placed on the COVID-19/reserve list.
At right guard, Trai Turner has been ruled out for a fifth straight game because of a nagging groin injury. Ryan Groy started the past three games at right tackle but suffered a biceps injury during the fourth quarter of Sunday's win over Jacksonville. Groy was placed on the COVID/reserve list after the Chargers cancelled practice when he tested positive.
• The 49ers will be without receiver Deebo Samuel and running back Jeff Wilson Jr. for their game against the Seattle Seahawks.
The Niners ruled Samuel out because of a hamstring injury and Wilson with an ankle injury.