Harvard beats Yale for Ivy title
PHILADELPHIA – Steve Moundou-Missi and Wesley Saunders had been to the NCAA tournament in each of their first three seasons at Harvard.
They weren't about to miss out as seniors.
Moundou-Missi hit a 15-foot jumper with 7.2 seconds left, Saunders scored 18 of his 22 points in the second half and Harvard (22-7) beat Yale 53-51 in a one-game Ivy League playoff for its fourth NCAA berth in a row.
"As a senior class, we talked about what we want our legacy to be," Saunders said. "We wanted to cement our legacy and come out with a victory."
• AMERICAN ATHLETIC SEMIS: Markus Kennedy scored 12 of his 17 points in the second half to help No. 20 SMU beat Temple 69-56 in Hartford, Conn. The Mustangs (26-6) will be playing in their first conference tournament final since winning the Southwest Conference in 1988.
• CONFERENCE USA FINAL: Robert Brown scored 22 points to lead UAB to a 73-60 victory over Middle Tennessee in Birmingham, Ala., for the Blazers' first Conference USA tournament championship. The Blazers (19-15) earned their first NCAA tournament trip since 2011.
• MOUNTAIN WEST FINAL: Wyoming (25-9) earned its first trip to the NCAA tournament in 13 years with a 45-43 win over San Diego State in Las Vegas.
• MEAC FINAL: Hampton beat Delaware State 82-61 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference championship in Norfolk, Va. The sixth-seeded Pirates will head to the NCAA tournament despite a losing record (16-17).
• MAC FINAL: One season after going 9-21, Ohio defeated Eastern Michigan 60-44 in the Mid-American Conference championship in Cleveland. The top-seeded Bobcats (27-4) earned their first NCAA tournament bid since 1995.
• WAC FINAL: New Mexico State beat Texas-Pan American 70-52 to win the Western Athletic title in Las Vegas. The Aggies (22-7) won their first conference tournament title and will play in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1988.