One dead, 16 injured in bus-SUV crash

A woman died Sunday morning after the SUV she was traveling in stalled on a North Texas interstate after it crashed into a barrier and was hit by a Greyhound bus. More than a dozen people on the bus and the other occupant of the vehicle were injured. Greyhound said there were 40 passengers and a driver aboard the bus headed from Dallas to Amarillo on Interstate 30. Sixteen people suffered injuries that weren't life-threatening.


U.S. Steel, union reach tentative deal

U.S. Steel Corp. and the United Steelworkers union have announced tentative agreement on a new contract covering about 18,000 workers at more than a dozen facilities across the country. Neither side released details pending ratification by members of more than two dozen locals. The contract covers thousands of workers at the company's domestic flat-rolled and iron ore mining facilities, as well as workers at tubular operations in Alabama, Ohio and Texas.


91 missing in buildings after landslide

A landslide knocked down and buried buildings at and around an industrial park in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen, leaving 91 people missing. At least seven people were rescued after 18 buildings were buried and an area of 24,000 square yards was covered with dirt, the Ministry of Public Security said.


Vote sustains same-sex marriage law

A referendum on whether to reverse a same-sex marriage law in Slovenia has failed, with the forces opposed to the law failing to reach the required 342,000 votes, or a fifth of the electorate. The referendum was forced by foes of an amendment to the country's family law redefining marriage as a union of two people.


Search continues for 80 after boat sinks

Rescuers on Sunday pulled out 39 survivors and three dead from a passenger boat that sank in central Indonesia. The ferry was on its way from Kolaka in Southeast Sulawesi Province crossing the Gulf of Bone to Siwa town when it was overwhelmed by waves more than 10 feet high during stormy weather. The search for 80 people still missing was called off at nightfall Sunday and will resume Monday.

news services